Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Change MIDI in MIDI music player?
Posted on: 2013/8/1 21:30
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/8/23
USA
57 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
No it's not in Kirby's Adventure. What are the controls for this ROM you uploaded?

Posted on: 2013/8/2 8:17
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1151 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

in3D wrote:
No it's not in Kirby's Adventure. What are the controls for this ROM you uploaded?

Just up and down on one of the d pads. Not sure what the default mapping in mednafen is.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 19:57
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/8/23
USA
57 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Oh. It must not work in reality boy.

Posted on: 2013/8/3 6:55
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1151 Posts
Quote:

in3D wrote:
Oh. It must not work in reality boy.

Yeah, the sound emulation in reality boy is very bad. I spotted several bugs (apparently the sound registers are interpreted backwards) and stopped supporting it. If you run my rom in mednafen you should get a decent result. However, the best way to listen to it is always on hardware.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 0:35
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/8/23
USA
57 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
I would use mednafen, I just don't believe in multi-system emus. They're always best at emulating one console, and I'd rather use different emus for the other ones. Plus it doesn't have a gui.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 1:28
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1471 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Well, the thing with Mednafen is, it's actually based on a bunch of other open-source emulators, usually with improvements to each, so it emulates each system quite well. Its GBA support is especially well done. The lack of a GUI is moot; just associate file types and use your system's built-in file browser! Besides, with its nice help system to list the major hot-keys (press F1), and an automatic controller mapper, it's quite "GUI-like", only lacking a (superfluous, IMO) file chooser. On top of all that, it's pretty much the best VB emu out there (sound support being a prime example of this), and the only one (to my knowledge) still being maintained.

If you still want a "single-system" emu, there's always VBJin, which is (a usually out-dated version of) the Mednafen VB core, with a GUI tacked on.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 17:31
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1151 Posts
Quote:

in3D wrote:
I would use mednafen, I just don't believe in multi-system emus. They're always best at emulating one console, and I'd rather use different emus for the other ones. Plus it doesn't have a gui.

It took me a very long time to get used to mednafen for the same reasons.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post