You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Anyone ever think we'll see VB games on 3DS?
Posted on: 2013/5/25 5:45
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/4/22
USA
60 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
With Nintendo putting Earthbound on Virtual Console later this year, finally turning the corner on that subject. Do you think they'll ever put Wario Land or any other 1st party VB games on 3DS someday? I think they should have by now but I'm biased. If they ever did a Miiverse on 3DS, people could pester them like the Wii U Miiverse did with Earthbound. They re release everything else from Nintendo a million times but never anything they "fail" at. Still no N64dd or Satellaview stuff. I had to buy mine just to play those platforms, I'd rather give Nintendo my Money then some guy on ebay jacking up the price!

Re: Anyone ever think we'll see VB games on 3DS?
Posted on: 2013/5/25 7:55
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/1/21
USA
57 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years) Top Donator: 2nd
Man, as awesome as it would be to play Wario Land on the 3DS... I doubt they will end up putting them on there, very sadly.

I just think Nintendo will feel it's not worth the effort and time. The Virtual Boy is very niche and not as well remembered compared to NES, GB and others, and combine that with the very few games it has, means it's a small pool of games for a small pool of players... not exactly something I imagine a company would like to put resources into. :\

Though I could be wrong (I hope!), Nintendo does tend to throw a lot of curve balls after all!

Posted on: 2013/5/25 16:59
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2012/12/4
418 Posts
CoderLong Time User (6 Years)
As soon as we can load homebrew on the thing, there will be Virtual Boy on 3DS.

Posted on: 2013/5/29 19:35
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
I sincerely hope they do, but I think the amount of time to do it versus the projected return means they probably won't.

I can't imagine it's all *that* complicated to write an emulator that can make use of the 3DS' native 3D screen. That would be the *perfect* use for it, in my mind.

A games analyst suggested that maybe Nintendo would make more games along these lines rather than re-release them via Virtual Console. Think: Wario 2 rather than the original.

It would be so much cooler if they'd put out VB games on the system, though.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 15:48
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
It's not gonna happen in the US but maybe in Japan?

NoA president has stated that he doesn't even know what it is, and highly doubts it would sell; so it will not be making an appearance in the states.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 17:36
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/10/21
45 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
Sadly, this will only happen once the 3DS is hacked. Miyamoto said in an interview that it would be possible, but due to time, cost, and efforts required, we will never see it on an official basis.

I think they would sell rather well on the e-shop, especially if they are priced right. There are a handful of VB games that are actually very good, and would appeal to new gamers as well as old schoolers like myslef.

Also, for them to ever release VB games, would also be showing the public one of their past "Failures", and Nintendo's pride/ego are way to BIG to allow that to happen.

The red/black would also be an issue for most, so it really is unlikely, and without a HUGE push or want from the gaming community, I'm sure it will never happen(at least officially, Wink, Wink). LOL

Posted on: 2013/5/31 11:09
Virtual Freak
Joined 2007/11/28
Italy
50 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

jrronimo wrote:
Think: Wario 2 rather than the original.

Wario2... including the original Wario for vb :)

Posted on: 2013/5/31 15:22
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1115 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

jumpman wrote:
Sadly, this will only happen once the 3DS is hacked. Miyamoto said in an interview that it would be possible, but due to time, cost, and efforts required, we will never see it on an official basis.

I think they would sell rather well on the e-shop, especially if they are priced right. There are a handful of VB games that are actually very good, and would appeal to new gamers as well as old schoolers like myslef.

Also, for them to ever release VB games, would also be showing the public one of their past "Failures", and Nintendo's pride/ego are way to BIG to allow that to happen.

The red/black would also be an issue for most, so it really is unlikely, and without a HUGE push or want from the gaming community, I'm sure it will never happen(at least officially, Wink, Wink). LOL

I gave up on hoping that VB games will officially make it to the 3DS a while ago. I could imagine they are doing a 3D remake of Wario like they did with other games like Excite Bikes and Kid Ikarus. In the end it is a solid game and would even be better in full color.

Still, I doubt it will ever happen. Then again, I also though there would never be a re-release of Earthbound.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 23:14
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
907 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

jumpman wrote:
... would also be showing the public one of their past "Failures", and Nintendo's pride/ego are way to BIG to allow that to happen.

when i was researching for my VB review, i read a story that Gunpei Yokoi was shamed for more than a year after its release. They all saw it as a failure and would purposely make him demo it to executives to embarrass him. As much as it is asked, I do not think Nintendo will ever release VB games on the 3DS.

however, a company recently published a video of a 1:1 3ds game clone that can boot ROMs off a msd card. there are also known exploits for the 3ds, none of which have been published. it isn't a matter of if we will see a VB emu, its more like when.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 13:46
Nintendoid!
Joined 2004/5/28
215 Posts
Long Time User (15 Years)
If there would be a good coder available with a bit time we could make that happen now...
Any questions on that? PM ;)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post