Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Faceball: Remastered [Release]
Posted on: 2013/4/28 22:22
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
I'm finally done. I have to admit I didn't put allot of work into this in the last couple of month. I was simply busy with other stuff and I will be even more busy in the near future. However, I wanted to push this out before things go too crazy.

First of all I would like to thank everyone who jumped on board to make this game possible. It was the first time I received so much support from the community (without even asking for it). You guys rock!

Here is what changed since the original demo-game:

- 56 unique levels (half of them designed by Benjamin Stevens) instead of the original 14 demo levels
- Hidden Faceball enemy reactivated
- Hidden Menu Image reactivated
- Hidden Music reactivated (instead of the same song over and over again)
- Improved controls (deal with it)
- disabled debug menu (thanks to HorvatM)
- Faceball start-logo (thanks to Morintari and RunnerPack for providing the source image for free)
- New text in credits (without typos)
- Level editor to change all of this stuff (if BPS would have had a tool like that they would have finished the game)
- Maybe some other stuff I can't think of right now

I don't know if there will be a card release. If there is one I will not earn any money on it. My cut can be used to buy cards for future repos.

Ben and I playtested all levels. However, I didn't test the final game completely. Also keep in mind that this is my first ROM hack. So if you find glitches or stuff just post them here and I will see if it can be fixed.

Other then that: Have fun playing!

Attach file:

zip Faceball.Remastered.v1.0.zip Size: 342.92 KB; Hits: 722

Re: Faceball: Remastered [Release]
Posted on: 2013/4/29 1:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
900 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Awesome news! I'm so glad to see this released. I can't wait to get some playtime with it, after my VB gets repaired.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 14:51
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

- Level editor to change all of this stuff (if BPS would have had a tool like that they would have finished the game)

This is a bit confusing to me. Did you intend to include the current level editor in the zip folder, or do you plan to release it at a later date after making more changes? Right now, I only find the new ROM in the zip folder.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 18:46
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/19
USA
114 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years) Donator20+ Game Ratings
This is excellent. Time to dust off the VB Plus cart.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 20:24
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

This is a bit confusing to me. Did you intend to include the current level editor in the zip folder, or do you plan to release it at a later date after making more changes? Right now, I only find the new ROM in the zip folder.

I will release the level editor later including all sources. I wanted to include our level designs as well, if that's ok for you.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 21:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
I wanted to include our level designs as well, if that's ok for you.

Yes, that is fine with me. :-)

Posted on: 2013/4/29 21:34
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
Ack :) dont' let them see the maps :) that's to much help ..

-Eric

Posted on: 2013/4/30 3:27
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/4/29
North Korea
13 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
ha! i love this game on the gb. any chance this could be released on cart?

Posted on: 2013/4/30 3:56
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
I can safely say that it will be available in cart form by the end of the year :)

Posted on: 2013/4/30 6:16
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/10/16
202 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Great product. Great Forum. Great People. Thanks all who contributed.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post