Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

FREE VB Display Repairs
Posted on: 2013/4/26 9:06

Joined 2003/7/25
USA
-1 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Hey,

I'm planning on repairing 10 or so of my own VB systems in a few weeks, so I figured I'd see if anyone's looking to get their displays fixed, while I'm doing mine. I'm offering a one-time deal to solder them for free... just pay shipping (if you send just the displays). If you want to ship the whole VB system, rather than just the displays, add $10 (US dollars) per system (and shipping will probably be higher).

Terms:
-Limit 4 displays (2 systems) per person, and you must have been a member on this site with at least one post, before this posting. I'm looking to help out fellow VB fans keep their systems playing, not sellers looking to make more money by selling working VBs.

-I'm limiting this offer to 40 displays (20 systems) total, at least initially... first to PM get priority. While I wish I could fix every VB in the world, it does take time, and unfortunately, I can't take a week off work to fix VBs. ;)

-I can't guarantee that your displays will be repairable, though I have yet to come across a truly failed display that wasn't damaged by misuse/botched repair attempts.

-They will be fully tested, but I can't offer a warranty.

-Please pack them well... I will be reusing your packaging to send them back. For the return shipping cost, add $2 to what it cost to ship to me, to cover Paypal fees and possible slight difference in return shipping cost.

-The displays must arrive before May 18th. I will be repairing mine during that weekend, and while I have everything set up, and while I'm in VB repair mode, I'll be doing all of them. That also means that they won't be shipped back until after the 18th.

-I'm in the USA, though international is fine... of course shipping will be more expensive.

Here's a pic of one of my own displays I repaired: Open in new window

Anyway... drop me a PM if you want in on this.

DogP

Re: FREE VB Display Repairs
Posted on: 2013/4/26 12:06

Joined 2011/4/27
USA
-1 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
This is an awesome offer!

PM sent.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 15:58

Joined 2013/4/25
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
PM Sent! Thank you so much for offering to do this! I'm going to send a little extra for beer fund purposes.. just wait until AFTER you fix all those displays before cracking one open!!

Posted on: 2013/4/26 18:08

Joined 2012/1/23
Germany
-1 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years) Top Donator: 2nd
Hey DogP!

That's a great offer.
You are a friendly guy!
The comunity thank you so much.

Attach file:

gif  Stan&Olli.gif (64.55 KB)
2554_517ac2835c395.gif 200X177 px

Posted on: 2013/4/26 19:41

Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
-1 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
thats a great offer

Posted on: 2013/4/27 0:45

Joined 2012/2/26
Great Britain
-1 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
PM sent. what a crackin offer. really hope only genuine VB fans who want to preserve their own systems apply.

Posted on: 2013/4/27 4:56

Joined 2003/7/25
USA
-1 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Just a heads up... we're just under half the total available slots filled, so if you're interested, definitely let me know soon. It's good to see that we're gonna get a good chunk of systems fixed for good. :)

DogP

Posted on: 2013/4/27 9:18

Joined 2011/4/22
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
PM Sent! Your AWESOME! THANKS!

Posted on: 2013/4/29 11:10

Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
-1 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Very nice initiative DogP! I hope most of the people taking you up on the offer are indeed genuine VB fans and are not doing it to make a profit off of you.

Not to forget, that you helped out in finding yet another way of repairing VB displays easy!

Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:28

Joined 2013/1/19
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Donator20+ Game Ratings
PMed!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post