Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: This Months Saddest/Funniest Virtual Boy Auction
Posted on: 2013/5/13 8:05
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/7/20
USA
154 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Top Donator: 1st30+ Game Ratings
Like John E Bravo, I too recall a pair of those glasses going for over $90 with bidders battling it out last year, so there are a lot of someones out there willing to pay for those things. Before I found mine, I messaged every seller that had that issue of Nintendo Power for sale, but every single one of them sounded like they had no idea what I was talking about. For months I searched. Luckily, mine finally came when I bought the full 1995 run as a bundle. Then I got another pair, and another until I had 5 sitting around. Seems like the first one was the hardest, then I couldn't get rid of the spares fast enough.

I say, dream for the stars. Maybe some Richie Rich type who was deprived as a child will simply BIN instead of wasting the time to research or hope a cheaper one turns up. It's more likely, some schmuck like myself, will decide to take up VB collecting and start grabbing everything he or she can as fast as they can and won't be able to find one of these. When all other options are exhausted, the best offer option becomes more attractive and prices rise.

Besides, now that Jack Bros. has sold for over $800 four different times in the past 10 months, I'd say anything is possible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Virt ... nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Posted on: 2013/5/13 23:07
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2308 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

John E Bravo wrote:

If someone puts something on ebay Virtual boy related. Like these glasses, for $40, $90 or even $999 and some dumb dumb is willing to pay because they don't wanna wait for a pair to show up at $15. {While, I agree its sad that their impatient and wasting their money} Why is it an issue?

Oh, it is definitely not an issue. Obviously, if you have something that you would like to sell, it makes sense to sell it to the person who is willing to pay the most for it. Nevertheless, this forum thread deals with "saddest" Virtual Boy auctions, so it is sad that Captain_Kelly originally paid almost $40, not the $15 that he mentioned in this thread (see: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=15727#forumpost15727), for such a common item that many online sellers are willing to get rid of for dirt cheap all the time. Plus, it would be sad if someone paid a high amount for such a common item that sells for cheap along with the complete magazine on a regular basis.

I think the biggest problem in the case of these Nintendo Power glasses is that Virtual Boy fans too often search for "Virtual Boy" online and think that this covers all of the bases. Thus, if a person advertises these glasses with "Virtual Boy" in the title, the people searching all the time for "Virtual Boy" will think that a pair of the Nintendo Power 3D glasses is a rare item because it almost never appears in all of their "Virtual Boy" searches. This is because these people need to find this item better by searching for "Nintendo Power" and understand that these glasses are common items that appear in the common yet highly sought after Nintendo Power Issue # 75, while being sure to check with sellers that the glasses will be included with the magazine purchase before buying the whole package.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 14:07
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2308 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Dor-Si wrote:

Besides, now that Jack Bros. has sold for over $800 four different times in the past 10 months, I'd say anything is possible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Virt ... nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Geez... I wonder if this is evidence of the fact that more Nintendo NES fans are becoming Virtual Boy fans. Nintendo NES fans have been used to paying prices like that for several CIB NES titles for a while.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post