Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Red Alarm Debug Menu IPS Patch?
Posted on: 2013/2/13 7:57
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
877 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
How difficult would it be to create an IPS patch that bypassed the 60 button presses required to activate the Red Alarm Debug Menu?

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/games/?r010f

I've no idea where to look, start, etc.

Re: Red Alarm Debug Menu IPS Patch?
Posted on: 2013/2/13 19:20
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
618 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Not that difficult.

Just press Select once. Works on both versions.

Attach file:

ips RedAlarm1PressDebugMenu.ips Size: 0.03 KB; Hits: 116

Posted on: 2013/2/14 0:03
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
877 Posts
Thanks a ton for taking the time to do that! =)

Posted on: 2013/2/14 6:24
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/22
USA
198 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
I've seen "patches" here; looked for instructions how to apply them -- are they executable files? Sorry to be so "novice"...

BTW, I didn't know about the "debug screen"; tried it last night! Kinda takes all the challenge away (not that Red-Alarm was that hard).

:-)

Posted on: 2013/2/14 6:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
877 Posts
there are some stages of red alarm i like more than others, i use it for the stage select.

you need to patch the ips file to the rom. if you are on windows then i would recommend LunarIPS. its straight forward and simple to use. this will permanently alter your rom, so be sure to keep a backup.

http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/

Posted on: 2013/2/14 14:08
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2080 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

vb-fan wrote:
I've seen "patches" here; looked for instructions how to apply them -- are they executable files? Sorry to be so "novice"...

If you are in the "Downloads" section of a game and see the possible patches for the game on this site, you should see a section on the right side of the same screen that says: "How to use? Click here for instructions" Click on that and you should see all of the necessary instructions to get an IPS patch applied to a ROM.

Posted on: 2013/2/14 19:06
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/22
USA
198 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Thanx, guys --- I appreciate you!

:-)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post