Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

How do you use your Virtual Boy?
Posted on: 2013/1/29 20:25
Virtual Freak
Joined 2012/7/7
USA
57 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
This seems like a strange question but I had this conversation with another friend of mine and figured I'd ask this. How do you use your Virtual Boy, by this I mean how do you position it. Do you sit it on a table or desk and use it on the stand? Do you drape it over your head while reclined on a chair, bed, or futon? Are you using some sort of home-made strap or headset attachment? I'm kind of curious how everyone here uses theirs.

Re: How do you use your Virtual Boy?
Posted on: 2013/1/29 20:27
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
I *mostly* used mine under the covers laying in bed at night while I was growing up. So I would be laying on a bed with the unit laying on my chest. This worked really well and I never had fatigue problems for many, many hours of Galactic Pinball and Mario Tennis. Plus the positioning for the eyes was really good.

I recently tried to use mine on a table "as recommended" and found it to be a pretty uncomfortable experience. Maybe I need a taller table or a smaller chair to really spread out, but I preferred my laying down position.

Posted on: 2013/1/29 20:30
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

jrronimo schrieb:
I *mostly* used mine under the covers laying in bed at night while I was growing up.

I always use the "standard" position. But Im tempted to try your approach ;-)

Posted on: 2013/1/29 21:19
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

jrronimo wrote:
I *mostly* used mine under the covers laying in bed at night while I was growing up. So I would be laying on a bed with the unit laying on my chest. This worked really well and I never had fatigue problems for many, many hours of Galactic Pinball and Mario Tennis. Plus the positioning for the eyes was really good.

I love this method. I always use it too. 32-bit 3D console gaming in bed? Why not? :D

Posted on: 2013/1/29 22:32
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
635 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (11 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
I play mine the classic way. The VB looks way too fragile to me to be played any other way.

Posted on: 2013/1/29 23:26
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/19
USA
104 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Most of the time I use the stand, but if I'm on a bed I may either lie on my back and rest the system on my face.

Posted on: 2013/1/29 23:42
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Quote:

WoLfMaN wrote:
Quote:

jrronimo schrieb:
I *mostly* used mine under the covers laying in bed at night while I was growing up.

I recommend it! The trick is to use the legs to prop the system up so that it rests on your forehead, not your nose. Extended comfort! :D

Posted on: 2013/1/30 0:11
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
Quote:

jrronimo schrieb:
Quote:

WoLfMaN wrote:
Quote:

jrronimo schrieb:

I recommend it! The trick is to use the legs to prop the system up so that it rests on your forehead, not your nose. Extended comfort! :D

Dont know exactly what you mean by "prop the system up"...how can it rest on my forehead?

Can you post a pic?

Posted on: 2013/1/30 0:38
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Quote:

WoLfMaN wrote:
Quote:

jrronimo schrieb:
Quote:

WoLfMaN wrote:
Quote:

jrronimo schrieb:

Dont know exactly what you mean by "prop the system up"...how can it rest on my forehead?

Can you post a pic?

I'll try to get one later. Here's a horrible MS Paint version. In reality, your head would be on a pillow, so the angle for the VB stand isn't as severe as the picture. The red-brown is the visor, with the top of the Virtual Boy visor resting on your forehead, keeping the system off the bridge of your nose. The green is the controller and the light brown is the cable. The grey is the VB stand. -- the colors were chosen so I could reference them, haha.

It works much better in practice than it does in MSPaint. :p

In the end, you'll figure out what works best for you. But in a dark room on a bed keeps light from leaking in around the edges of the visor. :)

Attach file:

png  bedvb.png (3.22 KB)
170_51085d8595fd2.png 447X176 px

Posted on: 2013/1/30 1:56
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
hmmm...interesting. Arent you scared that it will tip over when you move your body a bit during gameplay, or is that position on your chest stable enough?

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post