Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/8/31
USA
83 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)App Coder
Quote:

HorvatM wrote:
What OS do you use?
Actually, Windows :P, but chances are by the end of this year, I'll switch to Linux or BSD full time. Just looking out for those who use a Unix besides OSX. Additionally, since other users use a Cygwin version of gccVB, and my build system (SCons) can run on Cygwin, a cygwin version I'm sure would be useful so that the build system can run to completion (I'm not sure if Windows exes can be called directly from Cygwin).

The more I think about it, the more I think including the raw assets and generating the source files makes sense.

Quote:

I'm open to suggestions. In particular, if you mean the listing file idea discussed a few posts ago, suggestions would be really welcome, because I'm not entirely sure myself how it should be implemented.
If you refer to the ASM output, I have a tool on github (disasm-utils) which can take your binary output and convert it to an ASM file.

Quote:

HorvatM wrote:
Maybe there should be an option to use a file that contains a list of files to process and how to name the resulting arrays? This way, it would also be possible to specify different settings for each image and different output filenames.
This. This would be a very useful feature for me. I'm running into the same issues as thunderstruck, since my build system never leaves the top level directory. My "real" source files expect a specific format for the char and bg array names, and path qualification with screw the expected names up.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post