Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Happy Three Kings day..oh and btw..Faceball: Remastered
Posted on: 2013/1/8 20:18
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1120 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
It is nothing 'special' but the only secret I found so far.

Attach file:

jpg  gesichtball1.jpg (100.19 KB)
1709_50ec70cf2a013.jpg 784X486 px

jpg  gesichtball2.jpg (85.44 KB)
1709_50ec70d96cd22.jpg 784X486 px

Posted on: 2013/1/8 21:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1120 Posts
OK, I just went through the ROM and went through the items. I already knew where they are but didn't played around with them. I know now how to place every available item everywhere in the maze. I checked if there is something hidden but I didn't found anything

Posted on: 2013/1/8 21:12
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1120 Posts
Well, maybe one more thing. As I said before I can change the wall type. I can change the type to something undefined resulting in a invisible wall. The collision detection will still work so that there is an invisible barrier. Not really a secret but may be a cool game element.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 22:09
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2297 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Well, maybe one more thing. As I said before I can change the wall type. I can change the type to something undefined resulting in a invisible wall. The collision detection will still work so that there is an invisible barrier. Not really a secret but may be a cool game element.

Is this a hint that we should expect to run into some invisible walls in your hacked version? I think that would be neat if it was setup right.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 22:12
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2297 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

"Nothing special"? This is the first public revealing of a hidden character in a prototype game that has existed yet largely been unavailable for the last 18 years! Sounds pretty special to me.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 22:17
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1120 Posts
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

"Nothing special"? This is the first public revealing of a hidden character in a prototype game that has existed yet largely been unavailable for the last 18 years! Sounds pretty special to me.

Heh, ok ok... it is something special.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 22:58
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

Heh, ok ok... it is something special.

And of course, the only official version you can strafe in. ;)

Posted on: 2013/1/8 23:45
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
385 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

Definitely something special! I mean I feel like a kid on Christmas morning at the moment with what's going on. Lol!

Posted on: 2013/1/9 5:23
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
834 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I am glad it's completed, all these Faceball related posts are causing me so much Virtual excitement.

Posted on: 2013/1/10 9:25
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1120 Posts
OK... I made some more changes to the behavior of the level menu. The original game behaves like this: You start stage 1 and lets say die at level 3. If you start stage 1 again you will continue in 1-3. If you start stage 2 instead you will continue in 2-3. This is fine for the original game as all 14 levels are the same in all of the stages.

However, the remastered edition has different levels in each stage. Meaning, I had to change this behavior. I took the "easy" solution and changed the behavior that way, that it will always set you back to level 1 if you die. This also makes the game more challenging.

Therefore, I had to figure out where the current level, and current player health is stored and extend my own maze-loading-logic. Now the logic checks if the player died (health is 0) when a new maze is loaded. In that case it sets back the current level to 0.

Sounds easy right? Guess what, it wasn't. Please don't ask for other solutions. I took me allot of black magic to make this one work. I tested it a couple of times and it worked fine. Further testing might be required though.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post