Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Faceball release and details
Posted on: 2013/1/9 21:45
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
I do wonder though, has it been decided which rom goes with what edition?

Or do you pick the rom.

Posted on: 2013/1/9 21:59
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
385 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
I would say that the $100 cart would be the standard rom and the $200 cart would be the remastered version. Thats just my guess though, just seems logical.

Posted on: 2013/1/9 22:22
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/1/7
21 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Why not consider the option of there simply being a single release version of Nikochan/Faceball which would include all of the nifty carbon based goodies (box, instructions, anything else) as well as the whole digital package (original version, remixed version, whatever else) on a single VB cart. Sell that for $150 and eliminate the confusion of the multiple versions as well as anyone making the mistake of buying the wrong version or missing out on the version that they wanted.

To fulfill on the apparent need for a limited/special edition - maybe simply individually-number the first 30 copies made or maybe give those first 30 a super neat shiny label representing the "special batch."

I think what I am getting at is that the idea of different carbon-based goodies is neat (a special box, label, etc.) But I think that the special edition having exclusive digital content and the "regular version" having a different set of digital content is only going to confuse us. People will spend more time thinking about which one to buy rather than just pulling the trigger and buying it.

Posted on: 2013/1/10 1:08
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
The problem is..this keeps on changing.

There was never a 2nd game 2 weeks ago. Thunderstruck wasn't told 'hey hack this and make a 2nd game'.

He was done with the homebrew game 'fishbones'. He's a great guy :). I wanted to do something for him..so I sent him faceball. He said he never tried to hack a rom..and it seemed interesting for him. So..he got some tools and started messing around.

I was thinking well hey..he might be able to fix some of the typos in the game (btw..not yet)..but no. He had to get all 'smart' n stuff. Change the walls..find out that he can change enemies and everything. Life sure is tough when you have smart friends :).

So, it wouldn't be right for me to tell him..don't tell anyone anything for 2 months.

The end result is that we'll have two different roms. Now, we have to figure out what to do with them.

-Eric

Posted on: 2013/1/10 9:09
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1123 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Okonomiyaki wrote:
... as well as the whole digital package (original version, remixed version, whatever else) on a single VB cart.

I have no idea if this is technically possible. It is not like you can simply flash two VirtualBoy games on one card. I have never seen someone else doing this. If you know how to do something like this please share your knowledge.

Otherwise lets just wait for what the remastered edition turns out to be and then decide which versions sells how.

Posted on: 2013/1/10 9:12
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1123 Posts
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
He had to get all 'smart' n stuff. Change the walls..find out that he can change enemies and everything. Life sure is tough when you have smart friends :).

Actually, I think it is way easier to change the walls and stuff then fixing the typos.

Posted on: 2013/1/10 11:44
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/2/26
Great Britain
49 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
this is all very exciting! a never before seen VB game that was intended for legit release?
you really have gone above and beyond in acquiring the prototype, but it really doesn't sit well with me that some guy was holding on to it and then sold it for such a big amount. i mean unless that japanese guy was solely responsible for coding the entire game, it's really not his to sell like that and is a pretty anti-gamer thing to do to hold on to it in secret, only releasing it for big bucks. Even if he was on the staff that worked on it, it wasn't his money that financed it, it was nintendos. What would he have done with it if no one had stumped up the cash? and was he pimping it around to try and find a buyer? if no one else had ever offered the money, he would have had a worthless piece of plastic.

Anyone with a love for gaming wouldn't do this, i expect he was a money man for nintendo and somehow got a hold of it.

anyway, that's not a reflection on you bigmac, you're a legend. now if only someone would come forward with dragon hopper. lol
Edited by shenmueso on 2013/1/10 11:54

Posted on: 2013/1/10 11:54
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

shenmueso wrote:
this is all very exciting! a never before seen VB game that was intended for legit release?
you really have gone above and beyond in acquiring the prototype, but it really doesn't sit well with me that some guy was holding on to it and then sold it for such a big amount. i mean unless that japanese guy was solely responsible for coding the entire game, it's really not his to sell like that and is a pretty anti-gamer thing to do to hold on to it in secret, only releasing it for big bucks. Even if he was on the staff that worked on it, it wasn't his money that financed it, it was nintendos. What would he have done with it if no one had stumped up the cash? and was he pimping it around to try and find a buyer? if no one else had ever offered the money, he would have had a worthless piece of plastic.

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth imo, anyone with a love for gaming wouldn't do this, i expext he was a money man for nintendo and somehow got a hold of it.

Well, you have to remember. Faceball was developed by BPS, which hasn't done anything in about 20 years.

Hmm, Mr. G seemed like a nice guy. Unlike most prototype hoarders, he gave a lot of screenshots, level descriptions and video. I do wonder where he is now.

Posted on: 2013/1/10 14:30
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1123 Posts
Quote:

segagamer99 wrote:
Quote:

shenmueso wrote:

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth imo, anyone with a love for gaming wouldn't do this, i expext he was a money man for nintendo and somehow got a hold of it.

Well, you have to remember. Faceball was developed by BPS, which hasn't done anything in about 20 years.

Hmm, Mr. G seemed like a nice guy. Unlike most prototype hoarders, he gave a lot of screenshots, level descriptions and video. I do wonder where he is now.

Actually, Mr. G said that he doesn't own the card but had the permission of the owner to publish pictures and videos. Thereby, I guess he wasn't the one who sold the card but Mr. Gs friend. Maybe should call the original owner Mr. X.

Posted on: 2013/1/10 14:40
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2297 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

Maybe should call the original owner Mr. X.

Or better yet, one could call the original owner Mr. E... get it? :-)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post