Posted on: 2013/1/7 20:22
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2012/12/4
418 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
My goal

If i don't make a dime..rom will be released..lesson learned no hard feelings (from me..not the wife)
If i make 1k back..I'll be fine..but my wife will be angry = sleeping on the couch prob.
If i make 3k back..I'll be fine..wife will be disapointed = sleep in the bed, relations with the wife..prob..maybe
If i make 5k back..I'll be fine..wife will be fine
If i make 7k back..I'll be fine..wife and I will get a vacation this year
If i make 10k back..I'll be amazed..wife will be amazed..I'll take some money and do something for the vboy community..not sure what
If i make 50k..I'll be dead..wife will get money and hide the gun in the lake (search the lake!!)

It's been brought to my attention that bigmak has declined multiple offers from multiple members of the community to pull together resources from other connections and fundraisers to help him recoup the cost of acquiring the Faceball prototype.

That is to say, bigmak has specifically declined people giving him his money back.

If you want to purchase a Faceball cartridge, that's fine, but there's more going on behind the scenes than just getting cash back into bigmak's pocket.

Re: Faceball release and details
Posted on: 2013/1/7 20:29
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) PVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Guy Perfect wrote:

If you want to purchase a Faceball cartridge, that's fine, but there's more going on behind the scenes than just getting cash back into bigmak's pocket.

Huh? If you just want to give him money you can do that.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 20:33
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2012/12/4
418 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I approached him with an offer to do just that, and I'm not the only one who did. He didn't want it.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 20:39
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
Quote:

Guy Perfect wrote:
I approached him with an offer to do just that, and I'm not the only one who did. He didn't want it.

Well, who cares. The ROM is going online for free anyway so there is no reason to complain.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 20:55
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2012/12/4
418 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Well, who cares.

The point is that people not make decisions based on false pretenses.

I fully support donating to bigmak; he spent a significant amount on the prototype. I'm extremely appreciative of his contribution and hope he does manage to break even when it's all said and done.

Having said that, if someone wants to purchase a cartridge for the purpose of helping with the cost of the prototype, well, they're not getting the full story.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 21:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
I still don't get it. He wrote everything here:

Quote:

bigmak wrote:

Yea. I'd like to get some money back. I don't think that's a bad thing. Most times people would run fundraisers to release the rom. And that's cool. But, if people give me money..I'd like to give something back. Luckly I'm part of a team of people that started the process of releasing homebrew games on carts for people to enjoy.

I can't see how asking for donations is any different from asking for donations and giving something back. Besides that: Eric is a great guy. I don't think there are any false pretenses.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 22:53
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
336 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
Quote:
but there's more going on behind the scenes than just getting cash back into bigmak's pocket.

Like what ?

There's no 'behind the scenes'

Posted on: 2013/1/8 0:34
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years)
Oki...just woke up from a nap..bad day at work. So , chances are i'm not going to talk in a strait line and ..blah forgot what i was saying..but you know what i mean..maybe.

Guy's right. He approached me about a fund raiser. Also, after I said I got the protoptype, a few other people..krisse comes to mind also..but be others..my mind is foggy atm.

It kinda felt..like I was begging :P like I wasn't doing anything to make it.

I'm prob not making any sense.

If at the end of the day..if I didn't do any work..I don't want a check or free money..there are plenty of other people in the community that could use it :P. I'm better off then most. I'm not rich, but I live in a nice house (3 bedroom 2 bath ranch :) )...my wife and I both have jobs..we don't have kids. Yes, we normally don't take a nice vacation every year (when we do we normally stay in a relatives guest bedroom heh).

When the hat's passed around..i'm the dude going for his wallet. That hasn't changed.

My wife really isn't going to make me sleep on the couch :)..I just joke around and laugh alot.....she might look at me like I was a little stupid..but if I got money every time that happened..I could have bought faceball with my wallet money.

I just guess..i wanted to do something for people who gave money..if i didn't. It would be REALLY weird...not weird..like uncomfortable. I mean REALLY uncomfortable.

I mean..I don't want to talk about what I gave up to get the proto..i mean. I didn't ASK anyone if they would give money for the prototype..i just did it. I'm prob not thinking clearly atm..I need a shower and some coffee.

But oki..if someone wants to raise money for the prototype. I won't ask them not too. I'll say thank you :) and try not to feel...to weird about the whole thing. I'm sorry if it made it seem..i'm doing something untoward.

I'm not sure what Guy was thinking might be going on behind the scenes. really a bit confused about this. I'm not doing drugs or anythng..i'm naturally a happy guy :)

-Eric

Posted on: 2013/1/8 1:31
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2012/12/4
418 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I've had a chat with bigmak, and I talked him into accepting vast sums of cash from total strangers. (-:

I have some contact in the gaming journalism biz, so I'll reach out in that avenue. Who knows a good way to set up a fund raiser?

Posted on: 2013/1/8 1:39
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years)
Quote:

Guy Perfect schrieb:
I've had a chat with bigmak, and I talked him into accepting vast sums of cash from total strangers. (-:

I have some contact in the gaming journalism biz, so I'll reach out in that avenue. Who knows a good way to set up a fund raiser?

Try crowdfunding platforms...may attract other VB users as well, since not every fanboy is registered here. I think somebody else here posted on the forum a link to a 3D-console project. Not sure if it was on Startnext, maybe some other platform. Give it a shot, but don“t forget to include some material - people like to see what they get before they donate... ;)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post