Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Merry Chistmas..oh and btw..FACEBALL
Posted on: 2013/1/7 1:51
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
385 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years) Donator
I don't understand these people, if your not a fan of something why try mess it up for others (Not that they could anyway)? I'm not a big fan of PlayStation but if someone wanted to release a prototype of resident evil 1.5 or whatever else I would fully support them.
Silly people, still its all publicist I guess.
Sorry rant over.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 12:56
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

VBmills wrote:
I don't understand these people, if your not a fan of something why try mess it up for others (Not that they could anyway)? I'm not a big fan of PlayStation but if someone wanted to release a prototype of resident evil 1.5 or whatever else I would fully support them.
Sorry rant over.

You can be pretty sure that none of those guys is older then 16 years (at least mentally).

Posted on: 2013/1/7 13:52
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Oops wrong Faceball thread.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 18:09
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/11/10
Great Britain
507 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Quote:

VBmills wrote:
Sorry rant over.

You can be pretty sure that none of those guys is older then 16 years (at least mentally).

Oh those comments are funny though, but then most things said about the VB by the uninformed are.
They would be understandable if someone say lost an eye or went blind back in 1995 cos of VB but I'm pretty safe in saying no-body did, no-body was harmed in the playing of this console.

But then if the cool kids think VB is crap maybe I'm wrong..........

Posted on: 2013/1/8 0:25
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years)
Put me down for a copy too (Remastered Version only), can“t wait to hold it in my hands!

Posted on: 2013/1/8 0:39
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Long Time User (13 Years)
Quote:

VBmills wrote:
Sorry rant over.

Unfortunately, these are the sort of people who don't give any thought to preservation of a legacy. They may not like the Virtual Boy (if they've even ever played one), but they don't understand that ALL video games -- much like books and movies and music -- should be preserved.

There's a section on Wikipedia for lost film and how people try their hardest to preserve every trace of film they can find. It always boggles my mind that people don't care about our "heritage" when it comes to video games as well.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 1:22
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Don't worry people, I gave that person a piece of my mind. 3 people liked my reply, so I guess they understand our point of view. :)

But yeah, seeing all those comments really made me mad. The hate for this underrated system is honestly just depressing to read.

Posted on: 2013/1/19 16:47
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/19
USA
114 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years) Donator20+ Game Ratings
So I totally want one, How do I get on the list? do I need to send in a dummy cart?

Additionally, Bound High/Dragon Hopper, Any chance I can get one of those still? I have been out of the community so long, and Now, To find out I can score these terrific games, just WOW! any help towards getting these would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2013/1/19 18:03
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2287 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 3rdContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

ectoglow wrote:
So I totally want one, How do I get on the list? do I need to send in a dummy cart?

Additionally, Bound High/Dragon Hopper, Any chance I can get one of those still? I have been out of the community so long, and Now, To find out I can score these terrific games, just WOW! any help towards getting these would be appreciated.

Hi ectoglow,

Eric received too many threatening messages as a result of all of the attention around Faceball, so he won't be selling carts. Instead, he'll be accepting donations to help recover his five figure sum spent on the game and then will be releasing the ROM online, so hopefully you will decide to send him a fair donation as a way to say thank you for helping to recover this almost lost piece of genuine Virtual Boy history and also to show your appreciation that you will be able to play the game. If you want to play it on your Virtual Boy and don't already have a FlashBoy Plus, be sure to check out the FlashBoy forum on this site to see how to order one from Richard.

As for Bound High, there are only very few CIB copies left, which will be offered for sale soon on this site: http://www.uncletusk.com
So if you want one, be sure to check this site each day for when you can order yours and try to order yours as soon as you can, or send Uncle Tusk a message and see if you can send him a payment now to ensure you get one of the last ones.

As for Dragon Hopper, it still holds legendary, Holy Grail status and isn't available to anyone except perhaps an elite few who are good at remaining in hiding, so keep your hopes high that it will one day surface and that we can do something to make it available to everyone.

Posted on: 2013/1/19 22:56
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens schrieb:
Eric received too many threatening messages as a result of all of the attention around Faceball, so he won't be selling carts.

That“s too sad. I was hoping to have a full release one day in my hands.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post