Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Merry Chistmas..oh and btw..FACEBALL
Posted on: 2013/1/3 3:45
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
Wait a minute though. What part of Arena mode doesn't work? Can somebody explain?

Posted on: 2013/1/3 3:57
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/1/1
10 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Put me down for a copy!

Posted on: 2013/1/3 14:47
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2302 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 3rdContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

segagamer99 wrote:
Wait a minute though. What part of Arena mode doesn't work? Can somebody explain?

Well, Arena mode essentially does not exist in the Virtual Boy version. Are you familiar with the Arena mode in the SNES version of Faceball? If not, read the description of it here:

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Ni ... Bullet-Proof_Software.pdf

The Arena mode in the Virtual Boy version would have been very similar to the Arena mode in the SNES version, but if you attempt to play the Arena mode in the Virtual Boy version, all that happens is that you play the Normal mode with the slowest opponent speeds.

Posted on: 2013/1/3 22:37
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2302 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 3rdContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

segagamer99 wrote:

So, what will the box and manual be like? Other version's manuals?

Well, Iím the one who made the instruction booklet thatís going to be used in this release, so I guess Iíll tell you a little bit about it. Basically, the first 6 pages of it follow the general format to which just about every Virtual Boy game (on the North American side) conformed, and then the remaining pages largely follow the format and pattern set forth in the Faceball 2000 Instruction Booklet for the SNES (which is about the same as that of the Game Boy version's instruction booklet). Thus, the instruction booklet is very simple in its layout and design, much like how the instruction booklets for both the SNES and Game Boy versions of Faceball are simple in their layouts and designs. Basically, when I made the instruction booklet, I approached it from the standpoint of ďif Bullet-Proof Software of the USA would have released this game for the Virtual Boy, what would they have made the instruction booklet look like?Ē It is logical to conclude that they would have followed the general format of their other instruction booklets for the other versions, so I tried to do just that. Basically, when one looks at this instruction booklet, one can pretend that it was truly released by Bullet-Proof Software during the Virtual Boyís original market life.

As for the box, I myself have no idea what it is going to look like. :-)

Posted on: 2013/1/3 22:49
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
This is fantastic news! Thanks to the both of you for doing this!

I'm 100% in for one of the regular carts. I'll probably be be down for a donation cart instead once details emerge. I'd love to help support what you've done, but it'll depend on when I get paid and what's available, heh.

Super exciting! Not one but two "new" VB releases in recent memory! I love it!

I have at least two copies of Mario Tennis that I'm happy to donate for parts. :)

Posted on: 2013/1/4 19:40
Joined 2012/1/7
8 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
HI everybody

Just to say (as a rememberance) that I'm at your disposal to donate VB carts to get a Faceball's limited edition.
If possible take this post into account to contact me when you decide to promote the proyect.

Ben, please remember me for this proyect

Thanks and regards

Posted on: 2013/1/4 22:41
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
I'll post more details about faceball and our plans Sunday :)

-Eric

Posted on: 2013/1/5 2:41
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
I'll post more details about faceball and our plans Sunday :)

-Eric

It can't be Sunday soon enough right now!! Thanks for everything, man!

Posted on: 2013/1/5 2:50
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
Yes. I'm very curious about this 2nd edition Donator's Copy. :)

Posted on: 2013/1/5 3:14
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
Article on Nintendo Life. :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013 ... etting_a_physical_release

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post