Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Merry Chistmas..oh and btw..FACEBALL
Posted on: 2012/12/31 23:11
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2303 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 3rdContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Well, Mr. G talked about a guy who owned the cart, who didn't want to accept any offers for the game but who would maybe change his mind about it someday. Basically, Eric was able to make a deal for the game by contacting Mr. G., and the deal was evidently accepted.

Posted on: 2013/1/1 5:02
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
923 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I was under the impression that Faceball was never completed. That the version being played and photographed did not have the last bit coded, and that there was no ending. Is this incorrect?

Ben and Eric, it was really nice of you guys to do this. Thanks for being so selfless. There are a lot of games still in private hands that we may never get to play. Thankfully, this is no longer one of them.

In regards to the price... It seems that the VB reproduction carts have been priced higher than reproduction carts for other systems. I assume the price is to offset the cost of printing boxes and labels. I hope that future "homebrew" releases (ie: blox) are priced more affordably. Contrary to some comments, $100 is a lot for some people.

Posted on: 2013/1/1 10:58
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2303 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 3rdContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Well, I know that the Arena mode of Faceball was never completed, as it was supposed to support the 2-player link capability, which was never realized. I do also know that there is, in fact, an ending when one beats the Normal mode, but since Eric is the one who owns the game, I'll let him decide what more details about it get revealed prior to release. The information already on the NikoChan Battle - Faceball thread does pretty much reveal the large majority of the game, though.

As for the prices for reproduction carts, $70.00 is the price for many CIB NES games, and $100.00 is the price of many CIB SNES games (http://www.timewalkgames.com), so the Virtual Boy reproduction carts that are being made are pretty much on par with those ones. I do know some details about the breakdown of costs for these VB games that are being made, and I am amazed that we are getting these games for these prices. The cost of parts for making the VB cartridges is rather high, as is the cost of materials for printing. I'm guessing that for systems where the reproduction carts are sold for much lower, the parts for those games must be easily able to be acquired or made at low costs. This is definitely not the case with the Virtual Boy. The team that is working on these games is truly doing this at an amazing price, and they are virtually getting no money for all their time and effort that they are putting into the making of these.

With Faceball, though, as Eric has said, he spent a lot of money just to acquire the game, so part of the price of the game is to help recover his money spent. Amazingly, he simply hopes to get a large part of it back, and with this release occurring in such a way, I definitely see him still incurring a rather large loss over Faceball.

Posted on: 2013/1/1 11:11
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
336 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years) App Coder
I've built carts for other systems and these are by far the hardest / most time consuming to build. No other repro involves having to buy other carts and meticulously remove the connectors prior to building.

Posted on: 2013/1/1 18:26
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/6/18
Canada
142 Posts
Collection Top10Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years) Donator
Minestorm, you are truly an amazing technician. I applaud you for being able to do this work.

Posted on: 2013/1/2 17:09
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/12/20
France
19 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
I will be happy to give you one hundred dollars, or more, for the game!
Thank you bigmak!

Posted on: 2013/1/2 21:43
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
387 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Quote:

Kirbendo wrote:
I will be happy to give you one hundred dollars, or more, for the game!
Thank you bigmak!

Same from me!

Posted on: 2013/1/2 22:22
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
I'm still buying the game. :)

I would really like it if it somehow had 2 player, then it would be the first 2 player VB game ever!

So, what will the box and manual be like? Other version's manuals?

Posted on: 2013/1/3 3:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/01/ ... tual-boy-release-in-2013/

Posted on: 2013/1/3 3:20
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
Eric, you're now an official hero! :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post