You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: OFFICIAL Bound High Complete with Cartridge, box, and manual RELEASE INFO!
Posted on: 2013/5/18 14:17
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/5/18
41 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Quote:

DPsx7 wrote:
Picked up a copy of this too. Sheeze, I stumble across one site and now my wallet hates me. Ha.

Don't miss Space Pinball:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=22710#forumpost22710

That's the last reason my wallet hates me. Although I couldn't find much info or any screenshots I took the chance since the production runs were so limited.

This is the first time I've bought homebrew or unofficially produced carts. I've considered it before but my problem is that I've collected so many games over the years it's tough to keep playing them all. Often these games have abnormally high prices or sell out before I ever knew they were made.

There's just something unique about the VB plus the fact it's the only full set I own with there being only 14 US games. Since the JP games are so expensive and the library so limited the Flashboy cart is next on my list.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 19:29
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

DPsx7 wrote:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Quote:

DPsx7 wrote:
Picked up a copy of this too. Sheeze, I stumble across one site and now my wallet hates me. Ha.

Don't miss Space Pinball:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=22710#forumpost22710

That's the last reason my wallet hates me. Although I couldn't find much info or any screenshots I took the chance since the production runs were so limited.

This is the first time I've bought homebrew or unofficially produced carts. I've considered it before but my problem is that I've collected so many games over the years it's tough to keep playing them all. Often these games have abnormally high prices or sell out before I ever knew they were made.

There's just something unique about the VB plus the fact it's the only full set I own with there being only 14 US games. Since the JP games are so expensive and the library so limited the Flashboy cart is next on my list.

Hehe, I hope you will enjoy those game. I am not much of a collector either. I buy games which I intend to play. I honestly think the repos/homebrews released so far are totally worth their money. That's why I like to point new members towards those games, as they are often not that easy to spot. In the end the number of cards made is very limited so it would be a shame if someone misses his chance to buy it.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 0:29
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/5/18
41 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I'm in sort of a gray area. I call myself a collector because I've amassed a huge assortment of games and systems over the years. I also make the effort to buy clean/complete games. http://home.roadrunner.com/~dpsx7/main.html

Yet I'm not one of those crazy people who needs everything sealed. I too buy only what I intend to play (which is still way more than I realistically have time for). Full sets include buying all those yearly sports games and a ton of other fluff I'd never touch, to me it's a waste of money.

Then I saw these games and thought this would be a great way to extend my VB library which never had many games to start with. In the off chance they become valuable I'm not opposed to collecting rare games that will get better with age. Some of my SNES and PS1 RPG's are worth a bit more now.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 7:39
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/7/20
USA
154 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Top Donator: 1st30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

DPsx7 wrote:
I'm in sort of a gray area. I call myself a collector because I've amassed a huge assortment of games and systems over the years. I also make the effort to buy clean/complete games. http://home.roadrunner.com/~dpsx7/main.html

Yet I'm not one of those crazy people who needs everything sealed.

Great collection with a lot of variety!

...but watch who you're calling crazy... :P
Edited by Dor-Si on 2013/5/19 7:49

Posted on: 2013/5/19 16:05
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/5/18
41 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Thanks. You're only crazy if you buy games with no intent to use 'em. Games want to be played, ya know?

Quick question. How long did you folks wait for your games or at least a confirmation note? I don't want to seem impatient, I just want to know my payment went through and that the games were still available. I didn't see anything that indicates how many are left.

*Ho-ly crap. It figures my comment would be found by someone like you. Just saw your collection. Whew.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 18:53
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1109 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

DPsx7 wrote:
Thanks. You're only crazy if you buy games with no intent to use 'em. Games want to be played, ya know?

Quick question. How long did you folks wait for your games or at least a confirmation note? I don't want to seem impatient, I just want to know my payment went through and that the games were still available. I didn't see anything that indicates how many are left.

*Ho-ly crap. It figures my comment would be found by someone like you. Just saw your collection. Whew.

I usually have to wait around 3-4 weeks but only because I live in Germany. Just sent Tusk a PM and he will tell you if he received your order and when your stuff ships.

Posted on: 2013/6/21 19:30
Joined 2007/12/15
2 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
Hi

Been a member here for a few years but kinda lost track of what was going on with the vb as real life took over for a while - just happened to look in here again and find out theres been lots going on!! I'm interested in buying one of each of the new releases but was wondering if my order will be marked down as actual value on the customs form or can it be marked as a gift with a low value to ensure i dont get hit with customs when they get delivered to the uk??

Lmk if this is possible and i'll put an order in for one of each of the new releases!

Many thanks

M

Posted on: 2013/6/22 1:27
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/10/16
202 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
That is something I'd talk to Uncle Tusk using the web site provided below.

http://uncletusk.com/catalog/17

Posted on: 2013/8/9 6:34
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1146 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Just received mine today, I have to say, amazing job! I felt like I was buying a brand new game from the store. I would recommend these Repro CIB sets to anyone!

Posted on: 2014/9/8 21:04
Joined 2014/9/4
7 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
I'd like to buy a copy.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post