You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: OFFICIAL Bound High Complete with Cartridge, box, and manual RELEASE INFO!
Posted on: 2013/1/23 19:30
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
336 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years) App Coder
Quote:
because they could no longer sell their FlashBoys with buggy Bound High!

I didn't know people were doing that.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 19:48
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:
Quote:
because they could no longer sell their FlashBoys with buggy Bound High!

I didn't know people were doing that.

Yeah... in addition to the buggy Bound High! ROMs that were put on eprom carts and then sold on Ebay, there was at least one other person at the time who sold a FlashBoy on Ebay and made clear mention of the fact that Bound High! was on it, and I'm assuming he wasn't the only one who tried to sell Bound High! like that before its online release.

It makes me wonder who may have possibly ordered FlashBoy Pluses from you, for the sole purpose of putting Dragon Hopper or Zero Racers or something else unreleased on them, in order then to secretly sell the cart with game to another. One just never knows what all goes on in the dark underground world of Virtual Boy collecting.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 7:14
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/22
USA
198 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

There was also an earlier Ebay fiasco associated with Bound High! before the most current one:

Before Bound High! was released online for everyone to play for free on May 3rd, 2010 (http://www.planetvb.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=301), there were people who secretly had buggy versions of the ROM, and they would put these buggy versions of Bound High! on FlashBoys and then try to auction them off on Ebay for very high prices, which worked for them as long as not very many people could play the game at all. The main reason why Bound High! took a while to get its online release is because PVB had expert programmers who were working on trying to fix the bugs, so that everybody could play the fully complete and fully functional game for free, but while they were working on this, there were the profit-seekers trying to make as much money off of the buggy version of the ROM that had somehow made its way into the hands of private collectors. Of course, once Bound High! was publicly released online, this then made a lot of the private collectors upset, because they could no longer sell their FlashBoys with buggy Bound High!, or sell just the buggy ROM via secret e-mails and payment exchanges, for large profits anymore, thus all the drama.
Thanx, really appreciate the info, and patience with the "new guy".

:-)

Posted on: 2013/1/24 7:23
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/22
USA
198 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

Yeah... in addition to the buggy Bound High! ROMs that were put on eprom carts and then sold on Ebay, there was at least one other person at the time who sold a FlashBoy on Ebay and made clear mention of the fact that Bound High! was on it, and I'm assuming he wasn't the only one who tried to sell Bound High! like that before its online release.

It makes me wonder who may have possibly ordered FlashBoy Pluses from you, for the sole purpose of putting Dragon Hopper or Zero Racers or something else unreleased on them, in order then to secretly sell the cart with game to another. One just never knows what all goes on in the dark underground world of Virtual Boy collecting.
That's something I didn't think of --- people hoarding the dragon or racers because they want big bucks.

Grrrrr.... Open in new window

Okay, there are times when I can be a little naive...
Open in new window

Posted on: 2013/1/30 7:07
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/1/30
USA
35 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Put me down for a complete copy, please! I'll pay as soon as I'm given instructions on how to do so.

Thank you,
-Jason

Posted on: 2013/1/30 7:50
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/8/29
126 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

jasonbar wrote:
instructions on how to do so

http://www.uncletusk.com/node/122

:)

Posted on: 2013/1/30 19:52
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/22
USA
198 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I can personally vouch that "Bound High" is fun and addictive. The 3D effect is spectacular.

I really hate the "wind" --- anyone know how to prevent getting blown off and losing a life?

Posted on: 2013/1/30 20:54
Virtual Freak
Joined 2012/7/7
USA
57 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

vb fan wrote:
I can personally vouch that "Bound High" is fun and addictive. The 3D effect is spectacular.

I really hate the "wind" --- anyone know how to prevent getting blown off and losing a life?

Only go to the outsides of the boards when the wind has just ended and then move towards the center when wind starts. Whichever way the wind is blowing you should be able to recover from there.

Posted on: 2013/1/30 20:59
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/8/29
126 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Yup, you get a visual cue about the wind and its direction a couple of seconds before it starts. Try to start correcting for it as soon as you see it.

Posted on: 2013/1/31 4:56
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/1/1
10 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I just received my copy. I can't wait to try it this weekend. Thanks for bringing us this game!!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post