Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Post pics of your VB Collection
Posted on: 2018/7/20 1:47
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2288 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Inirius wrote:
Quote:

Quaze wrote:
Updated collection pic for 2018 :)

Whatís the white boxed VB ? Is it a debug version ?

Most white-boxed VBs that are accounted for contain USA VB systems that were made early on in the production run (having serial numbers close to the 1000 mark, more or less) and that were intended to be used only for demonstration purposes. They are, nevertheless, nearly identical to all the other commercially released USA VB systems. There is also at least one known white-boxed VB that contains a pre-production VB system that was sent to a developer some time before the production run, so the VB system therein has no serial number at all on it. Other than that, that system is also almost identical to the commercially released version.

Posted on: 2018/7/20 23:41
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2288 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I recently got a Blockbuster's Virtual Boy Must See 3-D Sweepstakes brochure

Attach file:

jpg  Virtual Boy Must See 3-D Sweepstakes Brochure (1).jpg (4,553.69 KB)
1643_5b525709c362f.jpg 3226X2536 px

jpg  Virtual Boy Must See 3-D Sweepstakes Brochure (2).jpg (4,913.84 KB)
1643_5b5257600e9d1.jpg 3227X2539 px

Posted on: 2018/7/21 0:36
VB Gamer
Joined 2017/2/15
France
14 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Such a great brochure, Iíll love to get it :) (and also find the VB cap)

Posted on: 2018/7/21 16:39
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2288 Posts
Quote:

Inirius wrote:
Such a great brochure, Iíll love to get it :) (and also find the VB cap)

To this day, not a single person is known to have that specific VB cap. There is speculation that the cap's design may have changed before the caps were actually made. Nevertheless, I also hope to find that specific version of the VB cap someday.

Posted on: 2018/7/23 0:19
VB Gamer
Joined 2017/2/15
France
14 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
All the caps in the other memberís collection are not this specific one ? What are exactly the differences ?

Posted on: 2018/7/23 13:57
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
369 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

Inirius wrote:
All the caps in the other memberís collection are not this specific one ? What are exactly the differences ?

The cap that's shown in the brochure has a white-rectangular boarder around the VB logo, and has a purple streak between the lettering. The caps seen in some member's collections only have the VB logo with red letters.

Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
I recently got a Blockbuster's Virtual Boy Must See 3-D Sweepstakes brochure

Nice score! That's a mighty rare brochure. In my 10 years of collecting VB items, yours is only the 2nd one that I've ever seen available for purchase. It's too bad that it's missing the Sweepstakes Entry Form...but at the same time it's cool because it shows that at least someone cared enough to try to enter the Sweepstakes :D

Here's a scan of the Entry Form for those that have never seen one...

Attach file:

jpg  NBC BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO ENTRY FORM.jpg (235.35 KB)
8015_5b55c2477ad26.jpg 365X853 px

Posted on: 2018/8/2 14:58
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/9/15
USA
15 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
I actually have one or two of these 3D Must See TV brochures in a box of Nintendo brochures that I had collected back in the day. I had no idea that they had any value to them. I just collected them because I was weird and the only one of my friends who was into Virtual Boy at the time.

Posted on: 2018/8/3 2:22
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2288 Posts
Quote:

ryucheese wrote:
I actually have one or two of these 3D Must See TV brochures in a box of Nintendo brochures that I had collected back in the day. I had no idea that they had any value to them. I just collected them because I was weird and the only one of my friends who was into Virtual Boy at the time.

Do any of your brochures still have the entry form attached?

Posted on: 2018/8/3 5:09
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/9/15
USA
15 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
Yes, both of them have the entry form attached. But after looking I see that I must have cut out the Virtual Boy logo on the first one for some reason. The second one is fully in tact. I also found a Virtual Boy coupon and another brochure while searching for the 3D Sweepstakes one. I took a picture of what I found.

Attach file:

jpg  20180802_230116.jpg (1,301.76 KB)
601_5b63c74d83ddd.jpg 2904X2268 px

Posted on: 2018/8/3 5:22
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
369 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

ryucheese wrote:
Yes, both of them have the entry form attached. But after looking I see that I must have cut out the Virtual Boy logo on the first one for some reason. The second one is fully in tact. I also found a Virtual Boy coupon and another brochure while searching for the 3D Sweepstakes one. I took a picture of what I found.

Cool!

Care to sell the coupon?

PM me if so.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post