Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: VUE Snake Game Cartridge and Box
Posted on: 2012/7/14 15:59
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2516 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Quote:
Have I noticed all the changes made to this version? Apart from the special message on the title screen and the save function for high scores, it seems that the music tempo and overall flow of the music has been improved. I already mentioned the fact that the name entry screen assumes its me. Anything else? I do notice, however, that the stereoscopic effect on the playing field seems to have been removed. In the version that I downloaded from this site, the snake seems to be hovering over the blocks, but in this version, he seems to be resting on them. Was a change made there?

In-game graphics have been changed a bit, nothing dramatically or instantly noticeably. Also this version is english only so it's like an "USA release". I think that's all that has been changed. I did not remove the depth in-game; if it was there in v1.1 and is not in your version, this happened by mistake. Weird.

Posted on: 2012/7/28 19:18
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/9/12
Greece
91 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years) Donator90+ Game Ratings

Very nice gift.

Posted on: 2012/7/30 1:29
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
914 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
this is a prime example of how awesome this community, and the people involved with it, actually are. now please dump it so we can all enjoy your b-day present! =P

Posted on: 2012/7/30 13:53
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Well, I guess if you actually want the ROM that is the Happy Birthday Ben Special Edition, KR155E can post that on here since he already has the ROM on his computer. I certainly have no problem with that.

As for the boxes, I have the files with the birthday comment to me removed. Thus, you can pretty much put whatever text you want on the back of them and personalize them for yourself.

Attach file:

jpg  Boxart-Official (no text).jpg (2,919.07 KB)
1643_501675a641b49.jpg 3948X2384 px

jpg  Boxart-Alt(no text).jpg (3,768.10 KB)
1643_501675bb53d80.jpg 3948X2384 px

Posted on: 2012/11/19 2:20
Nintendoid!
Joined 2008/10/19
USA
102 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
I would love to be able to play the version of snake that goes with this rad birthday story; can you post the rom here for us KR155E?
:)

Posted on: 2012/11/20 0:10
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/6/18
Canada
142 Posts
Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years) Donator
OMG, so jealous.

That's super awesome Ben. An awesome gift for an awesome guy.

Posted on: 2012/11/20 5:58
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Yeah... I definitely have some of the coolest friends on the planet. :-)

Posted on: 2012/11/20 7:24
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/8/29
USA
140 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
This is such a great community! How awesome of a gift!

Posted on: 2012/11/21 13:09
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
385 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
I missed this first time round. Great gift. Good looking boxes also. You must be well pleased with such a unique gift. Most I get out of my mates is a pint down the pub, and that's if I'm lucky. Lol!

Posted on: 2012/11/21 14:22
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Yeah, my friends even went all out and got me all the official inserts for each box, so the white cart holder, precautions booklet, and Nintendo Power subscription pamphlet. The only thing it would need to be complete would be an instruction booklet.

The best thing that I like about this gift is its priceless nature to me alone. If I were to try to sell it on Ebay, I probably wouldn't get any offers, unless someone happened to want to give it to some guy named "Ben" for his birthday. But at the same time, I would never want to sell this, and I value it at a higher amount than my complete copy of Virtual Bowling.

Truly special gift indeed.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post