You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Who's interested in getting Space Pinball dumped?
Posted on: 2011/12/26 19:44
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
A Space Pinball fund could be raised in little time!
I hope this can get started soon...

Posted on: 2011/12/26 23:38
PVB Elite
Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
545 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Well, consider this to be my contribution to the site, Jojobean sold it to me, or better said, ripped me off on it with Bound High at the time.

Enjoy it!

Attach file:

vb Space Pinball Prototype (J) [!].vb Size: 2,048.00 KB; Hits: 292

Posted on: 2011/12/27 0:24
Nintendoid!
Joined 2008/10/19
USA
102 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

TheForce81 wrote:
Well, consider this to be my contribution to the site, Jojobean sold it to me, or better said, ripped me off on it with Bound High at the time.

Enjoy it!

Wow, now this got me excited! What a rad contribution to the VB community!

Though whenever I download the file, it comes down with the name "Space Pinball Prototype (J) [!].vb" but with a size of 0 bytes.

Perhaps a re-upload is needed?

Posted on: 2011/12/27 2:17
Joined 2007/8/7
Japan
5 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years) 90+ Game Ratings
THANK YOU! :D

But the download is not working. You should re-upload as ZIP, please.

Posted on: 2011/12/27 4:02
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/8/13
USA
94 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years)
Wow, thank you very much! As posted before though, the download doesn't work.

Posted on: 2011/12/27 8:14
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
Cool stuff! I checked my archives and I have no dump of Space Pinball (for some reason I thought I did).

Either way, thanks for the info TheForce81! The file will be available whenever it is available, eh?
For the time being this is a great time for everyone to relive Galactic Pinball.

Galactic/Space Pinball was a much needed first in the "pinball" genre for home consoles. I'm surprised at how many pinball titles strike a nostalgic nerve considering the lack of consumer enthusiasm. Whether you remember seals bouncing beach balls on NES Pinball or hatching Alligator eggs in Hal Laboratory's Revenge of the Gator for Game Boy, this odd and niche gaming category delivered a suitable fix for the desire to knock around an 80Gram ball-bearing for entertainment.

The Stereo 3D effects of Galactic pinball introduced the true feeling of viewing a pinball playing field on a home console IMO. Let's be honest, pinball is rather simple and the fun involved was a mix of basic luck and timing/reaction skills. Pinball video games need accurate physics, but physics alone cannot recreate the vibe of standing over an old smoke-stained silver ball machine. However with the aid of 3D, for the first time ever on our Virtual Boy we could enjoy pinball at home without an actual Pinball machine and get that feeling that we *just may be* playing on one from a visual standpoint. While Galactic Pinball for VB may not be the epitome of gaming pinball greatness, it sure was a daring and elegant first step for consumers that didn't have the financial luxury of having their own "man cave" in the early-mid 90s.

As always, rock on PVB! Take care and have a safe New Years.
Happy Holidays, everyone!

Posted on: 2011/12/27 11:28
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Well that was unexpected... A big thank you, seriously.

Can we start the fund up for Faceball 2000 now instead?

Posted on: 2011/12/28 15:56
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/11/10
Great Britain
507 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

TheForce81 wrote:

Enjoy it!

Top job. I was a little worried someone might try that kind of 'deal' again, I had the ROM gifted to me a while back, but was asked to keep it quiet, pleased to now see it out there.

Posted on: 2011/12/28 16:49
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Hedgetrimmer wrote:
Quote:

TheForce81 wrote:

Enjoy it!

Top job. I was a little worried someone might try that kind of 'deal' again, I had the ROM gifted to me a while back, but was asked to keep it quiet, pleased to now see it out there.

Well, unfortunately, the Space Pinball ROM isn't "out there" yet because I don't think anyone can get the download to work properly. I sure can't. But now, everyone knows that you have a working ROM that could be put out there for everyone.

Posted on: 2011/12/28 19:24
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/4/23
Great Britain
77 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years)
Yeah, you probably should have kept that under your hat for a bit longer Mr Hedge. If he's decided to go away on holiday for a bit you could get a lot of people pestering you now.

Well whenever it does turn up, I look forward to playing it.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post