I'd drop $50 per rom.

Re: Dragon Hopper?
Posted on: 2011/11/27 10:51
Nintendoid!
Joined 2009/8/3
Spain
129 Posts
Collection Top10Long Time User (10 Years) Donator60+ Game Ratings
I'd put £100 in for each rom . I wish to play Faceball Dragon Hopper ... even VirtualLeague Baseball 2 XD

Posted on: 2011/11/30 14:12
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2308 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Hedgetrimmer wrote:
...a 'fake' space pinball came on ebay a couple of years back for $1500 (i think)...

Is the "fake" space pinball the one that I see sitting in Virtualboy [Swe]'s collection?

If so, what does "fake" mean? Can the game not be played?

Posted on: 2011/11/30 17:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/11/10
Great Britain
513 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

Hedgetrimmer wrote:
...a 'fake' space pinball came on ebay a couple of years back for $1500 (i think)...

Is the "fake" space pinball the one that I see sitting in Virtualboy [Swe]'s collection?

If so, what does "fake" mean? Can the game not be played?

As far as I know and can remember it was playable but the fake part was that it wasn't an official Nintendo prototype, it was an eprom cart with the ROM burned to it, now I can't remember if it was official Nintendo eproms but the consensus was that it wasn't the real deal, so in a way fake was the wrong word to use as it kind of did what it said on the tin, but not officially.

I don't know who was trying to sell it but some folks here seemed to know and added to the consensus of an 'iffy' cart.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 18:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2308 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Well, seeing how there doesn't seem to be a ROM for Space Pinball released online anywhere, I don't think I'd be too upset if I was tricked into paying $1800.00 for a cart that still had the fully playable version of a game that could be gotten nowhere else.

In fact, if someone wants to trick me into paying $1,800.00 for a fully playable eprom cart of Dragon Hopper, be my guest! :-)

Posted on: 2011/11/30 22:21
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
418 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
For the ROMs to be released we'd need o cast the net wider than just on here, but with the aid of some Gameboy, NES and Super NES communities it could be done if people chucked in $50 each.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 23:10
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/3/11
78 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Does Virtualboy [Swe] still post here? I would be up for a fundraiser to get Space Pinball released.

Posted on: 2011/12/1 0:11
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

Srimok wrote:
Does Virtualboy [Swe] still post here? I would be up for a fundraiser to get Space Pinball released.

According to collection info Robert Molander also owns a Space Pinball proto cart. Maybe one of the two owners will be up for a fundraiser like you said.

Also someone should try to get into contact with the Faceball owner to get the rom relesed with a fundraiser. Since the rom has already been dumped, all they need to do is name their price.

Posted on: 2011/12/1 0:20
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

L___E___T wrote:
For the ROMs to be released we'd need o cast the net wider than just on here, but with the aid of some Gameboy, NES and Super NES communities it could be done if people chucked in $50 each.

If something does happen and a fundraiser gets started. Websites like lostlevels.org and unseen64.net would probably support the cause and donate. If not even with support just from users from this site, the goal would eventully be met.

Posted on: 2011/12/1 1:02
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
388 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Well if it happens here is my £50. Offical.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post