Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Dragon Hopper?
Posted on: 2011/11/25 16:47
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2539 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
If we ever get the chance to community fund a release of Dragon Hopper, I'd expect a relatively high 4 figure price. £50 would probably be the absolute minimum per person to reach such an amount.

Doubtful that it will ever happen, but one can dream. :-)

Quote:
Hedgetrimmer schrieb:
Around the time of Bound high rom 'debates' there was also a post saying how this community has no idea of what is out there in the 'uber collector' inner circle the poster felt they had to tell us about, could be bs, who really knows?

BS, indeed.

Posted on: 2011/11/25 16:56
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
388 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Yeah i would stretch to £50 if needed be, but like you say it would take alot for someone to fess up.
Im sure there is some stuff out there that we know nothing about but because we dont know we cant miss it, DH and Face ball we do know about and i think its a crime that VB owners cant play these games.

Posted on: 2011/11/25 17:01
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
388 Posts
KR155E i am dreaming. lol!

Posted on: 2011/11/25 17:04
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2539 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Quote:
VBmills schrieb:
DH and Face ball we do know about and i think its a crime that VB owners cant play these games.

Faceball. That one would also be worth a community funded ROM release. And it is even realistic (slightly), since its existance is confirmed and a ROM already dumped.

Posted on: 2011/11/25 19:20
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

Hedgetrimmer wrote:
Yeah £30 seems fair, maybe stretch to £50 if needed, I'd say we would need funds to be up in the thousands before anyone fesses up to owning and willing to dump. Maybe not even then, I have no idea how much a proto cart of that would go for, a 'fake' space pinball came on ebay a couple of years back for $1500 (i think) so a real Dragon Hopper could be 10x that?
Around the time of Bound high rom 'debates' there was also a post saying how this community has no idea of what is out there in the 'uber collector' inner circle the poster felt they had to tell us about, could be bs, who really knows?
But I am always up for some kind hearted collector to help out the gamers and let us play.

There are more kind hearted collectors in the world than bad. The chances are if a collector that only collects games for money, has the game it will probably turn up on ebay or something.

Posted on: 2011/11/25 19:23
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
Quote:

KR155E wrote:
If we ever get the chance to community fund a release of Dragon Hopper, I'd expect a relatively high 4 figure price. £50 would probably be the absolute minimum per person to reach such an amount.

Doubtful that it will ever happen, but one can dream. :-)

Quote:
Hedgetrimmer schrieb:

BS, indeed.

I seriously think that with all many people who want to play this. A fundraiser for the game, would probably be able to get more than $10,000 atleast. This isn't like an oddball prototype, this is a very known game, and many people would donate a lot to play it.
Edited by VBrulez on 2011/11/25 19:34

Posted on: 2011/11/25 19:26
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
Zero Racers would also be a very worthy game for a fundraiser.

Posted on: 2011/11/26 2:49
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
388 Posts
Again i would be more than happy to put £30-£50 in for faceball.
How do we go about this, is just a case of people putting there names down on a list with an amount of money or a set minimum amount and then just hope someone comes up with the goods?
Got to be worth ago surely?

Posted on: 2011/11/26 3:07
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
If someone has the game they should come out with it maybe upload a few pics to show that it's real, and then get a fundraiser started.
With a fundraiser for a rom of an unreleased of a VB game, the goal would be probably be met no matter how much it is. Because so many people want to play it. If the goal was a heaping amount of money like $25,000 or something, it would take time but eventully would be met. Thats something any VB proto owner needs to realize, your goal will eventully be met.

Posted on: 2011/11/26 3:12
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
Quote:

VBmills wrote:
Again i would be more than happy to put £30-£50 in for faceball.
How do we go about this, is just a case of people putting there names down on a list with an amount of money or a set minimum amount and then just hope someone comes up with the goods?
Got to be worth ago surely?

It is very worth ago, and almost the entire VB community would probably be willing to donate. KR155E wrote that a roms already been dumped, so the owner of Faceball should just come out say how much they want for the rom to be relesed. Then a fundraiser could get started to try and raise that amount.
Edited by VBrulez on 2011/11/26 3:22
Edited by VBrulez on 2011/11/26 3:28

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post