PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
907 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bound-High-su ... em2ec1a4b91c#ht_500wt_992

I will not be making anymore repros of commercial games.

i just found out about this. i just watched the auction end. it seems ebay didn't pull or and probably cared less about what it was.

i am really upset about this. i love my bound high cart. it is such a fun game and its so cool to have a stand alone. you made it clear that the only real constraint was that they were for the community and that no one was to sell it. seemed like a really simply request, and someone had to go and mess it up for everyone.

as much as i respect your opinion, i hope in time that it may change. your reproduction carts bring so much joy to those of us who treasure this video game system.

Re: Bound High - Box + Manual - Order Here
Posted on: 2012/9/10 10:03
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
This is really shit. I've been saving up for 'the big four' repros, guess that's over then.
What an asshole..(not you Rich!)

Posted on: 2012/9/10 13:28
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I also planned for Mansion of Innsmouth and SD Gundam repros in my collection. :/

Posted on: 2012/9/10 20:13
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1111 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Dreammary wrote:
I also planned for Mansion of Innsmouth and SD Gundam repros in my collection. :/

Also missed my chance to get the four repos. I was just to lazy to to collect donor cards. Well, my bad.

Posted on: 2012/9/11 9:04
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/7/20
USA
154 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Top Donator: 1st30+ Game Ratings
I hate to sound cliché, but it sure sucks when one person ruins it for everyone. What a knucklehead! I feel sorry for the poor, unfortunate soul who got suckered by 83Skillz, but more so, I feel deeply saddened for this community as a whole and anyone with the hopes of acquiring a true gem of a game in Bound High or any other repros. What Richard has done for this community is nothing short of amazing. I know I speak for everyone when I say how truly grateful we are for all his contributions to our 3D world.

I can't think of a greater insult than to sell something that was solely intended to spread joy, and was likely acquired for next to nothing in return. Actually, I can....Inflating the price of such a gift by asking an insane $195 starting bid is even worse! And to top it off, there are enough uneducated people out there that don't know any better than to bid on it...grrr!!!

I'm seeing RED, but it's from pure frustration! What a sham...

Posted on: 2012/9/11 23:14
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
385 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years) Donator
Bad times, if only the buyer had done there research. i will certainly treasure my copy of bound high even more so now.
Sorry Richard that your trust in this community has been broken and cant blame you for doing what you have done, such a simple request. :-(

Posted on: 2012/9/20 7:03
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/8/29
126 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Yeah, I happened to be browsing for Virtual Boy things on ebay the day that auction was around, and I was absolutely livid (remembering MineStorm's warning when he first started building them for us). It really was a sad day. :(

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but... does anyone have any word on the current status of the boxes? Hopefully the end of the repro's doesn't mean the end of the box project. I'd still be happy to buy one from someone, with or without a manual.

Posted on: 2012/9/20 11:12
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/8/7
Germany
26 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
I would also like to order one Box and Manual for Bound High if its still possible. Thanks :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post