Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Nintendo 3DS poll!
Posted on: 2011/2/26 1:34
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/7/20
USA
479 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
since the 3DS released today in Japan, I'd thought I'd create this poll (I am still debating over if I should wait for a red/black one or just get the black colored one)

Re: Nintendo 3DS poll!
Posted on: 2011/2/26 3:07
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
I see no poll?

Anyway, I'd really like to wait for a Red&black one too.
Also, Nintendo region locked the darn thing. I'm going to have to wait and see if cool Japanese-only titles stay JPN exclusive before I plunk down the crazy cash on an import. I can read Japanese well enough to get by, but I'm not as fluent or nearly as comfortable as I am playing games that require reading in my native tongue.

I'll probably get a US black one at launch since I'm so impatient, then sell it on ebay if I want to go the import route by the time Japan gets a Red & Black version or a cool exclusive color. I've always been a sucker for Special-edition consoles.

Posted on: 2011/2/26 11:47
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
395 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I will wait for the pal version in my country allready have pre order 2 off them the black one and the blue one :)

and iff i'm correct the japan version ntsc-j is regio locked only for 3ds games the normaal ds games from all regios will run in this systeem ( correct me iff i'm wrong )

Posted on: 2011/3/16 11:20
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/2/15
Netherlands
250 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
I'll wait a little bit after it has been released, mostly because I'm sure it won't be available much on release until you preorder and because the lineup of launch titles doesn't particularly appeal to me.

Quote:
ntsc-j

Just a note: there's no PAL, NTSC or NTSC-J in handheld systems, since these are TV standards. You just say EU/US/JP versions instead.
It would be nice if you could play original DS games from all regions on it, but somehow I don't see it happen (unless you have an official source?).

Also, to help your English: normaal > normal; systeem > system. Dutch has extra a's and e's here.

Posted on: 2011/3/22 6:24
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/4/6
USA
40 Posts
I will not be getting one. It's kind of a pain keeping your head locked in one spot in order to see the 3D effect.

Posted on: 2011/3/22 12:03
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/22
Sweden
345 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

NathanBarnatt wrote:
I will not be getting one. It's kind of a pain keeping your head locked in one spot in order to see the 3D effect.

Get it for the good games and switch off the 3D then.

Posted on: 2011/3/22 13:21
Nintendoid!
Joined 2003/7/28
USA
110 Posts
Long Time User (15 Years)
Quote:

NathanBarnatt wrote:

Its actually not difficult at all. On any other DS or Game Boy, you're usually pointing the screen at your face anyways, are you not?

Posted on: 2011/3/23 1:21
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/4/6
USA
40 Posts
Well when i played it it was kind of a pain to stay so locked on to see the 3D effect. I naturally would move a little and lose the 3D.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 23:37
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/2/15
Netherlands
250 Posts
I'm thinking of buying one, but the 3D isn't the reason at all. The thing apparently comes with a whole bunch of stuff preloaded and the line-up of coming games seems pretty good, too.

Posted on: 2011/5/11 8:16
Japanese are always suffer from natural hazards god save them from this tragedy

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post