You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: How long have you been a Virtual Boy? (Or girl :P)
Posted on: 2011/2/15 14:20
Joined 2009/9/3
USA
5 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
Got my first and three games at the Target on Keystone Avenue in Indianapolis in 1996. Paid $30 and still have the VB, games, boxes, paper, etc. The people I was with thought I was nuts. I recall that they had probably had about fifty VBs in a big stack. If only I knew then what I know now...

Got my second complete VB in a Blockbuster case w/ demo Red Alarm and AC tap about two years ago.

I've also picked up about 4 other head units and controllers loose over the years, all with glitchy displays. At least I know how to fix them now.

Posted on: 2011/2/23 0:56
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/1/21
USA
57 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years) Top Donator: 2nd
@ DaVince

Ah yes... the Dreamcast. I too got pretty obsessed with mine once I got it just about two years back. Definitely get Jet Grind Radio, Seaman, and Skies of Arcadia. Some crazy awesomeness between those right there!

@ Matt Fisher

Oh man, I feel your pain. I bring my VB to my college to show off and everyone thinks I'm crazy... but then they try it out. :P

That's awesome though you got the Block Buster case. Isn't it super convenient? Everything all together, nice, neat and cushioned. :) And how is Red Alarm? I'm kinda thinking about getting that as my next game along with Jack Bros.

Score on the army of VBs! When you fix them, you should definitely try out making a link cable. :D

Posted on: 2011/2/24 21:59
Joined 2009/9/3
USA
5 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

And how is Red Alarm? I'm kinda thinking about getting that as my next game along with Jack Bros.

Score on the army of VBs! When you fix them, you should definitely try out making a link cable. :D

I dig it. It may be my favorite VB game, although I haven't really spent much time playing it, or any of the other games, for that matter. Don't have the free time I used to. I'm a vector game fanatic, so the wireframe look of it appeals to me. If only someone would make a version for the Vectrex for use with the 3D Imager... (sigh)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post