Posted on: 2011/2/14 3:35
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/10/27
Sweden
417 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 40+ Game Ratings
Quote:
A general thought on these homebrews:
Aren't we tired of the warning screens now, everyone should know by now anyway. How about just skipping that or instead write something like "Game on!". ;-)

haha reminds me ironicly of the box of the flashboy "eat instruction booklet"

Quote:
I'm also starting to wonder if my FlashBoy Plus is broken, no games seem to have any sound at all.

I dont own flashboy plus (only flashboy) and what I know its only blox 2 that has sound of all the homebrew games

Also, can people just stop making demo after demo and finish the games they started
I would have preferd to see more finished 16 bit games then to see demos of 32 bit homebrew games

Re: [ENTRY] Hunter
Posted on: 2011/2/14 16:10
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
626 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

e5frog wrote:
A general thought on these homebrews:
Aren't we tired of the warning screens now, everyone should know by now anyway. How about just skipping that or instead write something like "Game on!". ;-)

It's like a standard. All the licensed games have a warning screen, so not having it makes a homebrew seem unpolished. But if we eliminate warning screens, we might as well eliminate adjustment screens, because I'm sure everyone knows what IPD/focus they use.

Quote:

I'm also starting to wonder if my FlashBoy Plus is broken, no games seem to have any sound at all.

If I'm not mistaken, sound wasn't completely understood for a long time, or at least only by veterans. See the "Castle of Doom" thread.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 17:04
Joined 2007/8/7
Japan
5 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years) 90+ Game Ratings
Quote:

DanB wrote:

If you like it enough ( ) I promise to make the complete game by new years.

You hopefully did not mean new years 2011.

Posted on: 2011/2/27 19:21
Joined 2011/2/27
1 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
That was incredible!!

You really did an amazing job! Hunter was a great game, and this looks just like an official port of the original. I always loved the look of those early 3D, flat-shaded polygon games.
I played this on original hardware using a FlashBoy, it looked awesome and plays really well.

Do you have plans to allow the player to enter buildings to gather items? Or adding the wildlife?

Congratulations on your accomplishment, it was a thrill to play and I would love to see the project continued.

Posted on: 2012/8/5 4:53
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
832 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I am very sad not to see this project completed over a year later; as its one of the best looking games I have ever seen on VB graphically! I would love to see a finished game but sadly the creator hasn't even been here in months. :(

Posted on: 2012/8/5 5:29
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
756 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
I thought it was a amazing piece of coding. I've never seen 3-d effects like that on the vboy. The graphics gave me a kinda 'hard driving' feeling. But, I never played the original game it was based on...so I never really understood the point of the game.

Posted on: 2014/6/9 1:51
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
756 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (11 Years) Donator
I was playing this game again recently, and was thinking..

it would make a really good 3-d tank game. Moving the tank with 1 directional pad..the turent with the other. Some AI tanks around.

-Eric

Posted on: 2014/6/9 1:55
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
889 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I revisit this project a lot and each time I play it I always wish to see it completed. It is by far one of my most favorite VB homebrew projects.

Posted on: 2014/6/9 3:07
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1104 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)Top10 Poster10+ Game Ratings
That would be awesome, Bigmak!

Posted on: 2014/6/12 3:32
Nintendoid!
Joined 2007/7/29
111 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
I had never noticed this entry before. I feel the need to echo that which has already been said numerous times - a real shame we never saw the light of day on this game's final form.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post