Quote:

rubengar wrote:
Quote:

RunnerPack wrote:
Quote:

rubengar wrote:
A button= shoot "morcillas radiactivas"
B button= jump power "press more time the button to jump more"

I think you got those swapped as "A" is the jump and "B" is "throw" (which is the "correct" way to do it ).

The progress is definitely going well, but I would really like to look at the code so I can help fix the "moving forward aborts the jump" bug. It's probably a side-effect of putting in tests for other buttons besides "A".

I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work!

jejeje, sorry confused me to write!!

B button= shoot "morcillas radiactivas"
A button= jump power "press more time the button to jump more"

in my opinion jump is good, just hold the button down longer to jump higher

Re: CAPITAN SEVILLA II GAME
Posted on: 2010/12/2 17:53
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/5/30
Spain
78 Posts
CoderLong Time User (12 Years) PVBCC 2010 2nd
Captain Sevilla go on!!

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2010/12/2 18:21
Nintendoid!
Joined 2009/8/3
Spain
129 Posts
Collection Top10Long Time User (10 Years) Donator60+ Game Ratings
It looks amazing!! The graphics are impressive

Posted on: 2010/12/2 21:31
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/22
Sweden
345 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I'm >really< hoping this game gets finished and not abandoned incomplete like almost all other VB homebrew games (except Blox 1&2)...

Posted on: 2010/12/2 22:39
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/5/30
Spain
78 Posts
I will not abandon the game, but a game of these features takes work. every day I dedicate over 3 hours to the game, but the game's development must be at least a year. I dedicate myself to do everything, graphics, programming, music, level design, etc ...

Thanks for your interest!!

Posted on: 2010/12/26 15:19
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/5/30
Spain
78 Posts
capitan sevilla rules!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/_p24NgHloKM?

Posted on: 2011/1/3 4:51
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/9/23
37 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
I must try this game in my VB :) . I liked the original version and looks great :D. Hope this week I'll have any spare time ;)

Thanks!!

PS: Enhorabuena, es bueno ver que por estos lares hay más gente con VB :)

Posted on: 2011/1/7 2:30
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2003/9/3
Sweden
442 Posts
PVBCC EntryHighscore Top10 3rdCoderContributorHOTY09 2ndLong Time User (15 Years) DonatorApp CoderPVBCC 2010 1st20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 2nd
The graphics you've made really does look great, but I still feel I have to comment on the fact that you're only using 3 colors for the backgrounds, when you could use 4... The backgrounds don't come to their true potential then.

I guess this is because in the beginning you were told to change the default palette so that the black in the characters would not be transparent? I'd just like to point out that you can have different palettes for the sprites and bg, to still enable all 3 reds + black in the bg, like this:

VIP_REGS
[GPLT0] = 0xe4//palette for bg with 3 red + transparent black
VIP_REGS[GPLT1] = 0xd0//palette for sprites with 2 red + non-transparent black + transparent black.

Then when you create the graphics in VIDE, you can set different parts to use different palettes.

Just a tip.
Great job so far, looking forward to the next release!

Posted on: 2011/1/7 18:36
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/5/30
Spain
78 Posts
Quote:

DanB wrote:
The graphics you've made really does look great, but I still feel I have to comment on the fact that you're only using 3 colors for the backgrounds, when you could use 4... The backgrounds don't come to their true potential then.

I guess this is because in the beginning you were told to change the default palette so that the black in the characters would not be transparent? I'd just like to point out that you can have different palettes for the sprites and bg, to still enable all 3 reds + black in the bg, like this:

VIP_REGS
[GPLT0] = 0xe4//palette for bg with 3 red + transparent black
VIP_REGS[GPLT1] = 0xd0//palette for sprites with 2 red + non-transparent black + transparent black.

Then when you create the graphics in VIDE, you can set different parts to use different palettes.

Just a tip.
Great job so far, looking forward to the next release!

oh thanks!! more color would be fantastic for backgrounds. I've been trying but not working. I would greatly appreciate if you could put a small code example. thanks, thanks! sorry for being annoying...

Posted on: 2011/1/8 1:40
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2003/9/3
Sweden
442 Posts
PVBCC EntryHighscore Top10 3rdCoderContributorHOTY09 2ndLong Time User (15 Years) DonatorApp CoderPVBCC 2010 1st20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 2nd
Well... it's not any more code really. Those 2 lines are all you need.

It's more about how you set up your charmaps before exporting them from VIDE. For the backgrounds (that are going to use GPLT0) you design them just like you want them to look in VIDE, using all 4 colors.

For the characters, you just use the colors differently. Use "black" for what you want transparent, and "dark red" for what should be black. I guess you do this already.

Now, the key part is modifying the characters charmap to use GPLT1. You can do this with the "Advanced map editor" plugin in VIDE. Open it up, select an area in the map and press the palette button once. Tick the checkbox and your characters should be marked with a blue "1". Save and you're done!

Attach file:

png  change_palette.png (20.45 KB)
27_4d27b231eac08.png 462X366 px

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post