Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Artist looking for a first VB project
Posted on: 2010/9/28 0:07
Joined 2010/9/25
8 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Hello,
I hope it is not improper to do this kind of postings here.
If they are please let me know...
I am an artist with game dev experience. I am looking for VB project to contribute on. I would prefer with somebody that already has a record of completing other games even if it is on a different platform. I have samples of my work I can show to demonstrate I have the skills.
I just got a VB and would love to get some experience with it.
Thanks!

Re: Artist looking for a first VB project
Posted on: 2010/9/28 1:03
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/8/11
USA
34 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 70+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Confusednerd wrote:
Hello,
I hope it is not improper to do this kind of postings here.
If they are please let me know...
I am an artist with game dev experience. I am looking for VB project to contribute on. I would prefer with somebody that already has a record of completing other games even if it is on a different platform. I have samples of my work I can show to demonstrate I have the skills.
I just got a VB and would love to get some experience with it.
Thanks!
ummmmm http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... hp?topic_id=3917&forum=11

Posted on: 2010/9/28 3:13
Joined 2010/9/25
8 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
VBLover,
I am not sure I understand your reply. My message has nothing to do with that one. Are you pointing out that I posted it at the wrong section? or are you wondering if I am the same person that did that other posting?, which I am not.
Thanks for the link though, it is nice to see that there are people here collaborating together.

Posted on: 2010/9/28 3:31
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/10/27
Sweden
417 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (12 Years) 40+ Game Ratings
He thought you were the other person in the link
Anyways if you are seriouse and want to make a vb game without getting paid then just check out the homebrew section (games-->homebrew) and there are some games you can finish if the creators feel like giving you the source code

Or you can start over and make some nice games
Some ideas: pacman, shmup game, 1st person shooter, puzzle game....

ps, competition ends within a month so hurry and make something :)

Posted on: 2010/9/28 8:15
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2518 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Hi Confusednerd and welcome to PVB! Lesson 1: Ignore akumie

There's much more art guys than coders, and usually people create graphics for their games on their own, so it's rather hard to find a coder. I think it would be best if you showed off what you have done before and see if someone is interested.

If you want to choose a more progressive approach, you could browse the development board, see who is actively coding and offer your help.

For example, HorvatM is working on Soviet Union 2010 and I think he is still in need for decent graphics: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... php?topic_id=4035&forum=2

Or JZagal, his game Channel Sweeper only had placeholder graphics: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... =ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

Posted on: 2010/9/28 15:51
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/8/11
USA
34 Posts
Quote:

Confusednerd wrote:
VBLover,
I am not sure I understand your reply. My message has nothing to do with that one. Are you pointing out that I posted it at the wrong section? or are you wondering if I am the same person that did that other posting?, which I am not.
Thanks for the link though, it is nice to see that there are people here collaborating together.
Actualy I was thinking maybe you could help them..my bad I should of said that. And KR155E hahahhahah "Lesson 1: Ignore akumie"

Posted on: 2010/9/28 15:57
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
634 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Welcome!

Quote:

KR155E wrote:
For example, HorvatM is working on Soviet Union 2010 and I think he is still in need for decent graphics: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... php?topic_id=4035&forum=2

Wow, I can't believe KR155E actually recommended me. What an honor!

I could use a 32*32 'meteorite' sprite, or you can improve my existing graphics if you want to.

Posted on: 2010/9/28 18:02
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/10/27
Sweden
417 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (12 Years) 40+ Game Ratings
"Lesson 1: Ignore akumie"

Very funny, atleast the germans have humor until you put a group of them in France :)

Posted on: 2010/9/28 18:23
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/8/11
USA
34 Posts
Quote:

akumie wrote:
"Lesson 1: Ignore akumie"

Very funny, atleast the germans have humor until you put a group of them in France :)
Sorry KR155E but that was a smack down... ... Sorry to be offtopic

Posted on: 2010/9/28 18:36
Nintendoid!
Joined 2007/8/8
Great Britain
201 Posts
CoderContributorHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (12 Years) App Coder
Hi Confusednerd,

Welcome to the forum. I've sent you a PM.

dasi

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post