Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Tiger Game.com
Posted on: 2010/9/13 8:06
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/8/29
126 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I remember getting a couple Game.com games in a clearance bin at Walmart for $3 each (Fighters Megamix and Batman & Robin, I think), resolving to track down a system and start collecting things for it, too. Then a friend lent me his, and after about five minutes with it I very quickly altered those plans. They should have issued eyestrain warnings for THAT screen!

Posted on: 2010/9/13 21:16
Nintendoid!
Joined 2008/10/19
USA
102 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
I agree about the screen being horrid.
I did however enjoy playing Monopoly, Centipede, and Resident Evil on it at a point in my life.

I bought one of the big boys for $10 at my local bookmans, and bought a collection of like 15 sealed games on ebay for $30 to play. I do regret opening half of them as they provided no enjoyment at all.

I would still play a few games today, but lines are displayed on my screen whenever turning it on.

It did have a really good d-pad imo, it gave an arcade-y feel.

Posted on: 2010/12/5 11:20
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/11/22
19 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Game.com have the same problem that virtual boy- some people like it, but most hate. I'm on the like side. And Lights Out is one of best games evah!

Posted on: 2010/12/5 19:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

lastkill3r wrote:
Game.com have the same problem that virtual boy- some people like it, but most hate. I'm on the like side. And Lights Out is one of best games evah!

Comparing the Game.com to the Virtual Boy is Blasphemy!

One of the problems with Game.com was because it was made by the notoriously crap company Tiger Electronics, and also because the screen was SO bad.
I think pretty much every Best Buy had a display unit up too.

The problem with VB is that everyone complaining never played it, just jumped on the Hate bandwagon as news spread like wildfire that the VB would give you headaches/make you color-blind/cause your child to explode etc etc. The problem with Game.com is that people did play it. ;)

Posted on: 2010/12/7 21:14
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/11/22
19 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Well, my cousin played virtual boy and say it's horrible. I played both and both are suprisingly too good.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post