Joined 2006/8/20
Spain
222 Posts
Long Time User (13 Years)
Quote:

jojobean wrote:
Quote:

virtualboyfreak wrote:
Sure, climbing the collector's ladder isn't free, but it doesn't always depend exclusively on money either...

just be glad you are able to play the game. if it wasn't for it leaking out one way or another...

I never said I wasn't able to play the game before the ROMs were publicly available for download, I just meant that sometimes you get more by respecting other's ideas than with money... but for this "all4respect" to work, you have to do it right from the beginning.

Of course, I'm glad that people can finally play BH even if it's a buggy version, as I'm happy that they can play the 4 extremely rare games with flashboy too. But I can't avoid thinking that with more respect regarding extremely rare ROMs, prototypes and such, it would have been better.

Re: Bound High ROMs
Posted on: 2010/4/9 23:53
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/2/15
Netherlands
250 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Thanks a lot for these ROMs! It's nice to see previously unreleased games unofficially released. :)

Quote:
But I can't avoid thinking that with more respect regarding extremely rare ROMs, prototypes and such, it would have been better.

Well, it's a prototype, what do you expect? Such complete rarities as Earthbound Zero on the NES barely exist and could rather be considered "premium ultra rare"...

Posted on: 2010/4/10 21:01
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/3/28
14 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Thank you for these but, I'm having some problems playing them. I'm using ViBE on my Mac & when I launch the ROMs, I'm getting the following message:

Attach file:

png  ViBE_error.png (33.32 KB)
1320_4bc0ca6e94cee.png 554X249 px

Posted on: 2010/4/11 21:09
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2003/9/3
Sweden
442 Posts
PVBCC EntryHighscore Top10 3rdCoderContributorHOTY09 2ndLong Time User (15 Years) DonatorApp CoderPVBCC 2010 1st20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 2nd
Doesn't ViBE have a set list of roms that it accepts? And since this is a new game, ViBE has no entry for it and it won't play.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 21:43
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/3/28
14 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

DanB wrote:
Doesn't ViBE have a set list of roms that it accepts? And since this is a new game, ViBE has no entry for it and it won't play.

Really? I never knew that. Do you know where this list is? Maybe I can mod it a bit

Posted on: 2010/4/11 22:22
Joined 2010/4/11
7 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) App Coder
Yup, it does have an embedded CRC list. The reason for this is historical; we decided long ago that we did not want people who hoard unreleased prototypes for their own private reasons to be able to use ViBE to emulate them.

As I recall we had one of our beta testers early on claiming to have a copy of Faceball which apparently didn't work, but he refused to provide us with traces (or indeed a loan of the ROM itself) which might have helped us fix it...

I've just added the two Bound High CRCs to ViBE, and will be uploading a new build to my web page in the next hour. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 23:03
Joined 2010/4/11
7 Posts
...and that's done now; get the new version at http://www.bannister.org/software/.

I just spent five minutes playing, and now I have a headache. I guess the emulation accuracy in ViBE is better than I thought :)

Posted on: 2010/4/11 23:56
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/3/28
14 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

Richard wrote:
Yup, it does have an embedded CRC list. The reason for this is historical; we decided long ago that we did not want people who hoard unreleased prototypes for their own private reasons to be able to use ViBE to emulate them.

As I recall we had one of our beta testers early on claiming to have a copy of Faceball which apparently didn't work, but he refused to provide us with traces (or indeed a loan of the ROM itself) which might have helped us fix it...

I've just added the two Bound High CRCs to ViBE, and will be uploading a new build to my web page in the next hour. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:

Richard wrote:
...and that's done now; get the new version at http://www.bannister.org/software/.

I just spent five minutes playing, and now I have a headache. I guess the emulation accuracy in ViBE is better than I thought :)

Thanks! I was the guy who sent you that email about Bound High I did find a small aesthetic problem with ViBE. The app version still shows 1.0b10. In the apps "Contents/Info.plist" file, CFBundleShortVersionString & CFBundleVersion still have a value of 1.0b10. Same goes for the "Contents/Resources/Info.plist" file

Attach file:

png  ViBE.png (87.44 KB)
1320_4bc24407843f2.png 716X378 px

Posted on: 2010/4/12 7:49
Joined 2010/4/11
7 Posts
Oops! It'll have to stay like that now I fear. The about box is right anyway.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 19:07
Joined 2009/8/11
Australia
6 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Haven't visited for a couple of months, what a pleasant surprise to return to. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in releasing this. Really enjoying playing it. For such a basic premise it's a lot funner and harder than I thought it'd be. Also a lot faster than expected.
That's just about all the games now, isnt it? I've always assumed Zero Racers was never completed, and been led to believe that Dragon Hopper, if it is out there, is in the hands of someone who's not interested in sharing it, which is ultimately up to him/her(Let's be honest, its a him :D) While I'd LOVE to one day play DH (Being a fan of action adventures like Zelda), I'm VERY happy to be playing Bound High. I also know its unlikely that we'll ever see DH, so I'm realistic about it.
Anyway, thanks again to everyone who got this out there.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post