You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Do you think a copy of Dragon Hopper is in private hands?
Posted on: 2011/10/10 20:02
PVB Elite
Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
545 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
This is funny, this site hasn't been this active lately! Now that people talk about potentially new found protos we are active like a Christmas tree at Rockerfeller square.

Good to see the community is still alive, just a bit dorment ;)
I would be willing to add a few Euro's IF anything is real, which I doubt is in the case of Akumie.

Posted on: 2011/10/10 20:21
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
418 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
...it's a shame as Faceball definitely exists and someone's just hanging on to it :(

Don't get me wrong, the game looks tripe but I kinda see this topic as videogame archeology and I don't understand that mentality, personally.

Posted on: 2011/11/27 16:31
VB Gamer
Joined 2011/10/24
11 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Did anything come of these?!

Posted on: 2011/11/28 4:30
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/7/3
USA
454 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (8 Years) App Coder40+ Game Ratings
Ok I'm reluctant to post this, but here it goes I did see it on E-bay once. But unfortuanately it was before I knew what Planet Virtual Boy was and at the time low on cash :p . Yes it exists and it is definately out there.:)

Posted on: 2011/11/28 6:11
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/7/20
USA
479 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Quote:

morintari wrote:
Ok I'm reluctant to post this, but here it goes I did see it on E-bay once. But unfortuanately it was before I knew what Planet Virtual Boy was and at the time low on cash :p . Yes it exists and it is definately out there.:)

YES! This is wonderful news!

Posted on: 2011/11/28 10:08
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/3/11
78 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
I don't know how anyone else feels but one of the things I would want short of Dragon Hopper or any other unreleased protos being dumped is a few minutes of some decent video footage. In the best case scenario we have a few seconds of grainy footage or some crappy magazine scan. I would pay a good amount just to see the games in action never mind actually playing them.

Posted on: 2011/11/28 10:54
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
418 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
But then you'd see that it's not all that, and the value of the proto would be decreased...

I'm not serious - just trying to get into the mentality of proto hoarders :)

Posted on: 2011/11/29 16:51
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2308 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
If Dragon Hopper were to appear on Ebay, I wonder how much one would have to bid, in order to win it?

$5,000.00? $10,000.00?...

All I know is that I would probably place a bid of $10,000.00, and if I happened to win with that, I'd be spending the next several months trying hard to pay off my newly acquired credit card debt, but most importantly, I would make every effort to ensure that a ROM would be made and that the Virtual Boy community would have free access to it. Heck, once that would be accomplished, I could then put the prototype back up for bids and maybe get some money back.

I just don't trust other collectors, especially given the fact that the game is still being hoarded.

Posted on: 2011/11/29 22:41
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
396 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I will also put in a very very high bid and probbely will win the biddings :) iff it ever comes on ebay

Posted on: 2011/11/29 22:50
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
If Dragon Hopper were to appear on Ebay, I wonder how much one would have to bid, in order to win it?

$5,000.00? $10,000.00?...

All I know is that I would probably place a bid of $10,000.00, and if I happened to win with that, I'd be spending the next several months trying hard to pay off my newly acquired credit card debt, but most importantly, I would make every effort to ensure that a ROM would be made and that the Virtual Boy community would have free access to it. Heck, once that would be accomplished, I could then put the prototype back up for bids and maybe get some money back.

I just don't trust other collectors, especially given the fact that the game is still being hoarded.

If a copy of Dragon Hopper were to come up on ebay. It would be really hard to win it.

There are more people that would buy the game with good intentions, like you and everyone else here on the site. But that doesn't mean resellers wouldn't see it as an opportunity. Like when the NES Campus Challange cart went on ebay a few years ago. A reseller bought it first, then relisted it a few months later for profit. With something like Dragon Hopper or any other VB proto thats probably what would happen. If a reseller did buy Dragon Hopper. It get relisted and would be so expensive no one would be able to afford it, like the VB Video Boy that was $50,000 on ebay a little while back.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post