Long Time User (10 Years)
So is this how I would go about fixing my VB where screen two is too high up

Re: The VB Glitchy Display Problem
Posted on: 2009/5/24 17:32
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/25
USA
1507 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Yes.

DogP

Posted on: 2009/5/24 17:50
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/5/24
20 Posts
Actually it looks like the screen or mirror is cracked. Well great. the only Virtual Boy I can find stops working after one day. ohhhhhh

Posted on: 2009/7/1 12:06
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/6/27
USA
25 Posts
hi all this is my first post on this site i been a fan of the vb since there was a release party at my local mall. but any ways i recently got a vb with 6 games crack stand n then found out glitchy screens. n i got the system by trading my hard drive and laptop ram

any ways i was wondering if there's another link for the oven method since the links dead, if there's a guide on modifying a screw driver to open the vb or if there some one i can send this to and get it repaired without if costing an arm and a leg.

i am good at fixing stuff like the nes or opening up a psp but with the vb i just don't wanna break it and would feel better having some one who knows what they are doing to fix it

Posted on: 2009/7/8 3:26
Joined 2009/7/8
1 Posts
Well, I can't get DogP's site to load. is there another site with the info on fixing my display so the left side works???

Posted on: 2009/7/8 17:23
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/1/18
Germany
47 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
check this:
VB parts on ebay
its a testet and working head Unit,Stand is broken and the eyeshades misses a plastic part...but in your case...u only need the head Unit....
its 39,99 $
maybee this is a not so expensive solution?

greets from cologne

http://cgi.ebay.nl/JP-Nintendo-Virtua ... rkparms=|293%3A2|294%3A30

Posted on: 2009/7/9 11:25
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/6/27
USA
25 Posts
thanks but i would rather fix mine and save $40 althoe i need a new eyeshade p=iece n a broken stan means i can use the conector to make a modded stand but im to cheap / poor

Posted on: 2009/8/5 22:42
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/8/5
14 Posts
Does anyone know exactly how long we supposed to leave the displays in the oven?

Posted on: 2009/10/5 19:26
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/9/14
USA
98 Posts
Not sure if this helps anyone on this topic, but I do repair systems

just trying to help :P

I used to do the oven method/heat gun but I just don't like it as much anymore, was fine for friends or family since I could easily re-do it if the problems returned.

Now I only do the solder method.

Its a much more solid and reliable method.

http://www.JohnnyPhantom.me

The sites still in the works so bear with me :P

I repair glitchy eye problems for $20 (plus shipping both ways)

and if you only have 1 eye giving you "guff" I don't just repair the problematic eye, but also the other eye incase any future issues occur.

Posted on: 2009/12/26 12:23
Joined 2009/12/18
USA
7 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Hi. I'm new to this forum, as I just received my first Virtual Boy. This is supposedly new old stock from the Dubai lot found last year.

What I've noticed is that prior to pushing my face against the unit, clearly the left eye image is not coming on. Sometimes it's black, sometimes there are red horizontal lines. What's strange though, is that when I put my face against the unit, within a second or two, the left eye image comes up and I have no further problems with it while playing. This happens every time that I power on the unit. Does this scenario sound like a sign of a unit that is beginning to have problems?

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post