Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: The VB Glitchy Display Problem
Posted on: 2008/10/3 17:36
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/9/7
France
21 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
I have read somewhere that cables are becoming loose because of IDP adjustment.

But what is the good position (just for display connection !) for the IDP button : center or on one side ?

(Sorry if my english sounds strange ! )

Is there any chance that some VB NEVER encounter the problem ?

Posted on: 2008/10/3 19:05
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2003/9/3
Sweden
442 Posts
PVBCC EntryHighscore Top10 3rdCoderContributorHOTY09 2ndLong Time User (15 Years) DonatorApp CoderPVBCC 2010 1st20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 2nd
The best position for the IPD during storage is to turn it so the displays are as far apart as possible. That will put less strain on the cables.

Posted on: 2008/10/4 10:00
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/9/7
France
21 Posts
Yes i understand that, but which is the IDP button position corresponding (left ? right ? enter ?) ?!! I do not know how it moves cables...

Posted on: 2008/10/4 12:27
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2003/9/3
Sweden
442 Posts
PVBCC EntryHighscore Top10 3rdCoderContributorHOTY09 2ndLong Time User (15 Years) DonatorApp CoderPVBCC 2010 1st20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 2nd
That would be all the way to the left.

Posted on: 2008/10/4 13:42
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/9/7
France
21 Posts
Would it be button to the left whatever screen side fails ?

This problem is very annoying for those, like me, without any technical skill (worst : "with two left hands" ), but taking good care of their old devices...

Posted on: 2008/10/4 19:02
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2003/9/3
Sweden
442 Posts
Yes, button to the left pushes both screens to their most outward positions, which is what you'd want. This is no guarantee that the cables wont go bad anyways though.

Posted on: 2008/10/6 17:42
Joined 2008/4/23
4 Posts
What's up with DogP's website? I'm trying to do the oven trick, but can't get to the site.

EDIT:
My bad. Found it through his sig here:
http://home.comcast.net/~virtual.boy/projectvb/

EDIT #2: Just did the oven fix and my VB is working flawlessly again! Thanks DogP! You are the patron saint of VB.
Edited by Csprunger on 2008/10/6 20:59
Edited by Csprunger on 2008/10/13 15:21

Posted on: 2008/10/16 7:51
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/10/14
91 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
i recently just got a virtual boy and its been about 5 days and ive just noticed very slightly that an image on the screen will flicker near the top right for a second then disapear it happend to me on teleroboxer a slight image of the boxer popping up the top right, very slightly just a flicker and it was gone

the next day marios tennis it did it again but twice and a bit then that was it..

im worrying that this virtual boy is stuffing up

but.....

is it because the batteries in the virtual boy are going flat? - a flashing battery icon with half of the inside coloured red, flashing i noticed, it has only happend when this was flashing..

does that icon also mean the batteries are going flat?

i havnt tested yet with new batteries wether they were just going flat or its doing a bit of glitchyness, if it continues is it recomended to do one of the methods you have listed before it gets worse?

Posted on: 2008/10/17 2:46
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/25
USA
1507 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
That battery icon does mean the batteries are low, but low batteries aren't the cause of the display problem... although I guess it's possible that with weak batteries the problem could be worse. There's no need to rush into fixing the problem since I've never seen it actually damage anything, but of course it's pretty annoying, so you'll probably want to fix it if the problem continues.

DogP

Posted on: 2008/10/17 7:30
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/10/14
91 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
thanks for the tips..

yeah ive got it coming worse now as sometimes it wont be glitchy and sometimes it will be all like mirrored in the right eye like in teleroboxer the boxer would be punching and it would be showing it again with the glitchyness so yeh..

its anoying though as the guy said it hasnt experienced any glitchy display problems... first the stand breaks now this.. oh how will i tell my dad..

guess il wait till it becomes such a pain and just tell my dad that it is fixable and its normal right? its not like i have to buy a new replacement head yes?

what do u think is probably the best method.. my dad has a soldering iron hes pretty good at it

also.. the stand they normaly break dont they - because part of it is made of metal then a plastic oval shape thing with nintendo on it holding the 2 legs just snaps but glued it back to brilliance

all these problems caused cuz of the way the thing was poorly made?

and when did nintendo stop fixing VB and do u know why, do u ring the number on the VB to get it fixed or something, or used 2?

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post