Posted on: 2010/3/9 22:57
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/2/10
Germany
36 Posts
Highscore Top10Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Quote:

e5frog schrieb:

You can use a USB-charger that plugs in your wall outlet and power your V.B.

Thank you for the hint.
But is this a real safe, real good tested way to use the flashboy?
Did YOU ever use your flashboy this way?

(Don't think I'm a wiener - but I really LOVE my virtual boy and I'm not interested in killing him...)

Re: Status: SOLD OUT
Posted on: 2010/3/9 23:36
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/1/5
Sweden
560 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) Donator30+ Game Ratings
No not me, I don't have a FlashBoy, but there was some other guy that put the FlashBoy in with the cable attached and noticed it turned on (and wrote about it here) - connected to the computer. And after a brief discussion we came to the conclusion that a wall outlet USB-charger would be a safer alternative. As long as it keeps the voltage at 5V it's safe - not as safe though as connecting power to where you are supposed to - as it can better handle differencies in voltage that way. I wouldn't buy the cheapest USB charger I could find though - to bad if it shoyld break... You need a well regulated 5V source - a USB-charger has just that.

At a local well known Swedish stuff shop clasohlson.se they have USB chargers for about 10 and they have them for 25, 35, 40 - I would perhaps not get the 10 (even though it would supply enough power) but it would most likely work just fine. DogP was able to run a unit at 3,3V so in that direction it seems rather safe.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 12:28
Joined 2010/3/16
3 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Dear KR155E

One more that want a Flashboy cart!!!

Im follow the forum for view the next preorder

Thanks!

Posted on: 2010/3/16 19:45
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/1/5
Sweden
560 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) Donator30+ Game Ratings
Im follow the forum for view the next preorder as too.

;-)

Posted on: 2010/3/16 20:02
PVB Elite
Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
545 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

e5frog wrote:
Im follow the forum for view the next preorder as too.

;-)

Please cut this guy a break lol, not everyone that lives outside of English speaking countries do speak English that well ;)

Posted on: 2010/3/17 0:19
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/2/10
Germany
36 Posts
Quote:

TheForce81 schrieb:

Please cut this guy a break lol...

Why doing that?
Ugh!

Posted on: 2010/3/17 9:11
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1465 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

TheForce81 wrote:

Please cut this guy a break lol, not everyone that lives outside of English speaking countries do speak English that well ;)

Hey, there's nothing wrong with poking fun at the way people write/speak (and it was obviously in jest, which is what emoticons are for, BTW). We're all friends here, and it may help people learn the non-native language a little better. For example, the "do" (and the "lol" for that matter ) is superfluous in your sentence. I understand that it might be correct in your native language, but if I thought it was funny and made a joke, you (and each of us) should have enough of a sense of humor to take a little joke.

If I had to read/write German to participate here, I would appreciate gentle corrections to my grammar/syntax (even in the form of a joke at my expense).

Also, @RAD... what?

Posted on: 2010/3/18 0:23
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/2/10
Germany
36 Posts
Do you really think
"laughing out loud"/"lots of laughing"
is a kind of "gentle corrections"?

My English is'nt well, too. And I would thank everybody who pm me any corrections.
But in this case I don't see any corrections, only laughing.
And little jokes about "well" spoken English.

But over all: no matter to start Word War III now

Posted on: 2010/4/10 22:41
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/10/27
Sweden
417 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 40+ Game Ratings
To bad people didnt notice the flashboy sooner since u have to wait more and more for every batch
Also I got my flashboy I think in august 2008 and it was 70-75 euro, now it is 90 euro :-P

ps. the flashboy worked 100% perfect but sadly about 3-8 month later one eye piece got lines and I dont have tools to fix it so havnt played my vb in over 1 year
Only problem was that nesters funky bowling didnt work on the flahboy but not the end of the world

Posted on: 2010/4/10 22:43
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2515 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Quote:

akumie schrieb:
Only problem was that nesters funky bowling didnt work on the flahboy but not the end of the world

That was a bad ROM though, not a problem with the FlashBoy...

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post