Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

BUY Blox??
Posted on: 2008/1/13 20:22
VB Gamer
Joined 2006/1/25
Canada
32 Posts
Long Time User (13 Years) Donator
i saw in some ones picture a blox game and box. i havn't been on the vb scene in quite some time but i've decided to pick it all up again and i was wondering did that homebrew game get made and sold or did the creator just make one for himself or what?

Re: BUY Blox??
Posted on: 2008/1/13 21:44
Nintendoid!
Joined 2006/8/20
Spain
222 Posts
Long Time User (13 Years)
Hi Billy, I believe the Blox game images you saw are the ones I made. This summer I had some free time, and dedicated it to get "commercial blox" made. I made the box and the instruction manual for myself, and got a lot of help from the "Virtual Boy gurus" to get the cartridge made. Unfortunately it is not available for sale, sorry. Also, now that Flash Boy is available, I don't think anyone would buy a Blox cart, having the possibility of buying a Flash Boy (although I think the final result of the "commercial blox" is cool )

Posted on: 2008/1/13 22:11
VB Gamer
Joined 2006/1/25
Canada
32 Posts
Long Time User (13 Years) Donator
Ohh lol well thats very impressive and considering ur the only person in the world that has 1 i am also very jelous :P .. and ye i sent in the request for the pre order of the flash boy so i will be able to enjoy blox as well i just hope he makes a new batch shortly as i am very impatient lol

Posted on: 2008/4/10 18:35
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/3/6
Netherlands
18 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
Well youre wrong about not buying it , because I WANT to buy it XD

If I see one , it's mine!

Posted on: 2008/4/10 20:20
Nintendoid!
Joined 2006/8/20
Spain
222 Posts
LOL, Mysticmaus. You could also think about making one yourself. The difficult part is the cartridge, but I think that Richard H., the designer of Flashboy, had some flash chips and boards which were not suitable for Flashboy, but were perfect to make the Blox cart. You could ask him if they are for sale. If you get that, I can supply you the JPEG images so that you can print them and make it yourself. You just need pritt glue, a Jap Virtual Boy game box (preferrably Vertical Force, which is black and suits perfectly) and a good colour printer (I used an HP Laserjet colour 2600n with Premium Laser Photo Paper - Glossy)... and time to do it! :)

Posted on: 2008/4/10 21:30
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
336 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years) App Coder
It's funny because I was just talking to Chris about it today. He is thinking about doing a small run of Blox in the future.

But, if you want to do it yourself then just send me a donor cart and I'll convert it for you.

Posted on: 2008/4/11 10:42
Nintendoid!
Joined 2006/8/20
Spain
222 Posts
Hey, that's great! Feel free to use my designs for it! :)

Posted on: 2008/4/11 20:49
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/3/6
Netherlands
18 Posts
^_^

Like i said , i'm very interested XD , if you do a small run in the future i will be the first one in line

Posted on: 2008/4/12 0:28
Joined 2007/8/8
Great Britain
2 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
This is my first post on PVB because just the mention of a run of Blox has coax me out of my shell. As above posters, I'd definitely buy a copy if there was ever a run of them.
Might be worth considering, there could be some money to be made here by the people with the knowledge.

Posted on: 2008/4/12 9:30
Joined 2008/4/12
9 Posts
I full-heartingly agree with my comrades, being able to buy Blox would be a marvelous step to the future. I mean the idea of a brand new VB game on an actaul VB cartridge for sale could fund the site and people's pockets. It'd be big news in the gaming world, and would help start the begining of a grand Virtual Revival with the inspiration to make more games. Can you see it? I do, in my mind I can see big colorful banners "Blox Add To Shopping Cart" along with other games like "Virtual Puyo Pop" and "Soda Warrior:A Cola War Conquest"

Feel free to use the latter for any game ideas, however selling the "Virtual Puyo Pop" would probably lead to legal troubles with Sega, but I'm getting to ahead of myself here.

PS: I'd buy Blox if not for any reason other than it's the first VB game made in over 8 years. Plus... Tetris 3D and Panic Bomber are hard to find for my puzzle fix

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post