Long Time User (4 Years)
Ben. PM sent.

Re: The Noteworthy Auction Threadô
Posted on: 2016/3/20 15:13
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
Can you guys take this to a private pm or something ?

How did I know that you would play forum topic policeman once again, bigmak? Does it really matter if people post a few extra things off topic on a certain thread for a while? It never lasts very long in any case; it takes up very little storage space on the site; and most people will never go back through the thread and look at the offtopic posts anyway. Nevertheless, I would say that this discussion is not at all offtopic, as it relates to explaining the truth behind this very noteworthy auction, which Mawa won.

The main point is, L___E___T proved with his Photoshop example that there are more levels of blue on various sections of the unique Virtual Boy box, such as at the top of the Virtual Boy and on the buttons, than there ever were on the full color retail boxes. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the box could not have resulted from sunfade. Thus, when Mawa gets his box, we can determine whether it is truly just a misprint or a genuine box variant, without having to worry about it being a sunfaded box. And this is something that certain Virtual Boy collectors will find to be interesting, since both misprints and box variants are collectible, though true box variants are certainly more collectible, which is why I find it necessary to debunk L___E___T's wild claims publicly, in case he happens to cause doubts in the minds of collectors who will have an interest in this special box.

Posted on: 2016/3/20 15:50
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Ben now you are being ridiculous. I actually went back through all your points and wrote a full response outlining why you're incorrect about so many things here - but I have not posted that because it makes you look ridiculous and me also, for responding to your rants in a similar way.

My 'wild claims' are efforts in vain to illustrate and explain to you how sunfading works, as you seem unable to grasp what is really straightforward.

Stop comparing various images to one another to try and prove something that isn't there - you're a VB historian but are misleading readers. You'd said there was even red in the buttons on an image I posted - when (if you actually look at it) I have turned off the magenta and yellow layers so no red is viewable.

You're only seeing what you want to see, and now you're being nasty about it to boot, so I had agreed not to say anymore to avoid any escalation, which is also unpleasant for other members to see, but you still have to run with it. That's really poor.

Posted on: 2016/3/20 21:41
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
395 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
hello
When i have recieve it i will post photo's from it from all side's and also from the virtual boy and all what is included iff you people whant that
then whe can see what it is
whe all have diffrent thinking about it
i see this as a normall virtual boy on this moment after recievment i can see more like serials and all the info people want
iff whe dont want this on the forum then i can sent it privat
greetings from the netherlands

Posted on: 2016/3/20 23:38
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Mawa dat is erg aardig, dank u mijn vriend.

Posted on: 2016/3/23 17:00
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/1/23
Germany
131 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Top Donator: 2nd
Hyper Fighting and Bound High on ebay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/hyper-fighting ... c44996:g:0fIAAOSwHxVW8ZNM

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/bound-high-gam ... c42a1f:g:5-4AAOSwpIdW8Y3f

Posted on: 2016/3/23 18:00
Nintendoid!
Joined 2006/10/2
112 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (13 Years)
Actually, I see two separate listings on ebay for each of those titles. I'm guessing there are more Hyper Fighting carts out there than we've been lead to believe.

Posted on: 2016/3/24 17:45
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
914 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I don't see the harm in posting this. The secrecy behind this game is going to upset retro historians in 30 years. I have it from a good source that right around 75 of these were produced. No more will be made by its original team.

Posted on: 2016/4/1 10:44
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2013/8/23
USA
301 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I'm surprised this wasn't flagged by ebay immediately haha...you don't have to bowl three strikes to see 'XXX' :)

Attach file:

png  Screenshot_2016-04-01-00-06-01.png (81.40 KB)
3574_56fe34f3f031f.png 320X480 px

Posted on: 2016/4/9 17:28
Joined 2016/2/21
7 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
New to virtual boy collecting, but this post was intriguing. None of these had a U.S release as far as I know, so I am curious where the person got them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121950160984? ... _trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post