Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: The Noteworthy Auction Threadô
Posted on: 2013/5/24 15:31
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2308 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
How often does this happen?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Family-Fun-Fi ... 7-NTSC-RARE-/251279678582

Do any of you NES collectors want to make a guess as to what this auction will end at?

I'm going to guess $22,500.00.

*EDIT:

Hmmm... people on NintendoAge seem to think that it is a phony copy. I guess if that is true and found out by many people, then it won't sell for much at all. It is certainly a convincing auction to me.
Edited by Benjamin Stevens on 2013/5/24 15:54

Posted on: 2013/5/25 5:31
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/4/22
USA
60 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
I'm watching it to see how high it goes. It looks real to me too Ben, I think your right. Of course people online are complaining its fake, they wish it was them owning it. It looks very aged to me, of course I could be wrong but looks legit!

Posted on: 2013/5/25 6:41
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2308 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

John E Bravo wrote:
I'm watching it to see how high it goes. It looks real to me too Ben, I think your right. Of course people online are complaining its fake, they wish it was them owning it. It looks very aged to me, of course I could be wrong but looks legit!

Well, I received clarification from people at NintendoAge, and their information does make the auction seem very fishy. Check out the latest info on the "The Official Stadium Events Auction/Sale/Discussion Thread."

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messagev ... 01&catid=3&threadid=48839

Apparently, the photo in the auction is indeed a photo of a genuine CIB NTSC Stadium Events, but the photo does not belong to the person who is running the auction. The person who is running the auction Photoshopped out the original information on the sticky note that appears on the cart in the photo and Photoshopped in his own information on the sticky note.

Now, if he truly has the CIB Stadium Events in his possession, why would he alter an old photo that does not belong to him and present it as the only photo for the auction? Why not take all-new pictures of it? Thus, it seems that he is intending to send the winning bidder an item that does not appear in the photo or else send no item at all and try to run away with the money by some means.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 7:07
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/4/22
USA
60 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
WOW! People got some nerve! Even the scuff marks on the wood flooring are exactly the same! The plot begins to thicken! Still gonna watch to see how this drama plays out! Glad I'm not caught up in it! Those poor bidders!

Posted on: 2013/5/25 9:34
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/1/23
Germany
142 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years) Top Donator: 2nd
The auction photos looks "kinda wrong"
The white notice paper is photoshopped.
I think is a fake auction.
Shame on this dirtbag

Some bidders are blind and have definitely too much money

Posted on: 2013/5/25 13:21
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/1/23
Germany
142 Posts
Wow...the same game but a lot more money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo- ... Games&hash=item19da67ac3a

Posted on: 2013/5/26 22:24
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2308 Posts
Quote:

Cosmoliner wrote:
Wow...the same game but a lot more money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo- ... Games&hash=item19da67ac3a

Yeah, this game is definitely the Holy Grail of all commercially released video games across all systems ever made. I've read that there are only about a dozen complete-in-box copies of NTSC Stadium Events confirmed to be still in existence, and a sealed copy of NTSC Stadium Events sold on Ebay 3 years ago for $41,300.00, but Wikipedia states that the winning bidder never paid.

It appears that the above seller is hoping to break the record selling price with a copy that is not even sealed. Perhaps he would be willing to accept any offer over $40,000.00.

Posted on: 2013/5/26 23:42
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/1/23
Germany
142 Posts
Thank you Benjamin for this informations about this game.
I don't now this before,now i understand this "crazy prices"

(write this with my WiiU,my desctop computer "past away" yesterday)

Posted on: 2013/5/29 14:11
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2308 Posts
Possible good deal on Mansion of Insmouse and Teleroboxer:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h177261194

Posted on: 2013/6/8 20:10
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
396 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Virtual lab for a very good price 399,99 euro
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Virtual-Lab-Ni ... 3%A9o&hash=item46100ef888
only problem its very sunfaded