Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Virtual Boy 2
Posted on: 2003/7/29 18:18
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2516 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
You probably heard the rumour about a new Virtual Boy coming out in 2005. I wondered what you all think about it...

I for myself am not sure about it. On the one hand it would take away the uniqueness from the Virtual Boy and make it less interesting, but on the other hand a VB2 with today's technical possibilities would be what the Virtual Boy should have been, but couldn't because it was too much ahead of it's time . Imagine a unit the size of a pair of sunglasses, powered by Lithium Ion Accus, with a cordless controller (maybe with 2 analog sticks) and fully colored games So I think the bottom line is, yes, I would like to see a new Virtual Boy.

What's your opinion about a VB2, how would or wouldn't you like it to be, and which games would you love to play on it?

KR155E

Re: Virtual Boy 2
Posted on: 2003/7/31 21:45
Nintendoid!
Joined 2003/7/28
USA
110 Posts
Long Time User (15 Years)
VB2 would be awesome!!
I think it should be the size of sunglasses, that would be awesome.
You need to think about what Gunpei wanted the original to be like, and then deliver what he originally wanted.

Posted on: 2003/7/31 22:15
PVB Staff
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
139 Posts
Long Time User (15 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
yeah sam, you are right in that point.all what we all here are trying to do is not forget one of the freakiest and coolest console ever, but nintendo never would make any new games for the vb, thats fact, they would also never release any of the finished titles. So theres only one chance to have a "relaunch" of the vb: a completely new system. real portable now and very small with cool features like wireless controller, full body rumble and vb port ;). and i think when there really comes a "VB2" that would also push up our little forgotten red friend :vbsmile: , nintendo won't be able to get around it to mention the grandfather of the new system.

Posted on: 2003/8/8 21:33
Joined 2003/7/27
Canada
3 Posts
Long Time User (15 Years)
Hey DrAetzn, your VB2 will cost around a arm and a leg :) I dont want to blow all your hope but, the chance are slim to see another Virtual Boy. The fact is, im a VB fan and I can't stop to thinking about a second VB system. I cross my fingers and my toes to see (Welcome to the third dimension, take your controler, put your VB2 on your face and see you out off this world!) one of these days.... maybe spring 2004???

Posted on: 2003/8/20 6:23
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1465 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Here is the form I want the VB2 to take:

1) Console (i.e. not "portable.")

2) VGA output standard, _maybe_ (HD)TV as an _option._ Am I the only one that realizes how _cheap_ old (S)VGA monitors are?!?!

3) Anaglyph mode standard, shutter-glasses and (eventually) HMD/dual-projection as add-ons. Anaglyph glasses are _free,_ (!) which solves the "Other people can't play with me/watch me play!" argument!

4) Use GC controllers, (including GBA linking) to SAVE ME (the consumer) MONEY!

5) Networking would be cool, but not really necessary. VB link port a MUST! And, INCLUDE THE FREAKING CABLE, THIS TIME!

6) Stop trying to prevent hacking; it won't work! Make it open, instead!

Thank you for reading. Please pass this along to anyone you know working at Nintendo.

Sincerely,
RunnerPack
Post Edited (08-23-03 06:17)

Posted on: 2003/11/13 16:12
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2516 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Some news on the topic, from an article by Bloomberg Japan published this morning.
Nintendo of Japan's Managing Director Yoshihiro Mori confirmed that the new Nintendo product will be released in Japan at the end of 2004, and if it's possible they want to release it worldwide then. The new hardware will be presented on the next E3...

KR155E,
PR Manager Project VB2, NoJ

Posted on: 2003/11/22 3:38
george
are they really making a virtual boy 2? do you know what it looks like?

Posted on: 2003/11/22 8:03
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2003/7/27
Australia
267 Posts
CoderLong Time User (15 Years) DonatorApp Coder
Quote:
are they really making a virtual boy 2?
Although I would love to see a backwards-compatible VB2, part of me knows it isn't gonna happen...

Posted on: 2003/12/26 21:18
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2516 Posts
Latest news: Nintendo's President Iwata said that the new product will not be a new Game Boy or Gamecube, but a completely new console, which be sold parallel to the other two. What else could it be if not VB2 ;D

Posted on: 2003/12/28 17:24
PVB Staff
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
139 Posts
Long Time User (15 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
i am really confused about this words from iwata. who knows? but even if it is a vb2, i am sure it wont have anyrhing together with the "real" vb and of course it will have a completely new name. i just hope if vb2 comes it will also push the vb a bit.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post