You are not logged in.
Lost Password?


Register To Post



 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

#31
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2011/6/19 5:37
VB Gamer
Joined 2011/4/12
13 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Man, that's a hell of a lot of money to spend on a Virtual Boy case. You really are dedicated.
Top

#32
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2011/6/20 1:04
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/11/9
USA
39 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
How much should one play for a VB case?
Top

#33
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2011/6/20 19:03
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
The typical Blockbuster hard case sells for around $100.00, unless sellers who don't care simply want to get rid of one for whatever price. The Travel Master Case, which is MUCH MORE rare, should, therefore, sell for a good bit more.
Top

#34
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2012/1/4 7:30
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
Scored a second TravelMaster, obviously more than $150 of course but worth it. ;)
I'm pretty happy, as far as I know these are the only 2 cases with a concrete owner now that we know of. Anybody that knows me also knows that you have to live, sleep, eat, & cry VB before something shows up that I haven't also seen within the past few hours on the net. I'm just saying if a 3rd ever does decide to show up, expect the news to be my posting a new acquisition. ;).
Top

#35
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2012/1/4 14:42
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Well, I can honestly say that I know someone else who owns the Travel Master case. He's actually been one of my closest friends for over 17 years. He got a Virtual Boy, carrying case, and several games way back when they were still in stores but on clearance and ready to leave stores forever. He tried to get me interested in the Virtual Boy back then, but I was still in high school with not much funds, so I ignored the Virtual Boy and continued to do so for many years until just this past one. It wasn't until this past year, after I became interested in the Virtual Boy, that I then asked him what all he had in Virtual Boy regard. He then went to his closet and pulled out none other than the Travel Master case with his Virtual Boy and several games. I told him how rare of an item it is, and he thought it was pretty neat that he had a rare item all these years, but he has no desire to sell it. He also doesn't have much desire in the Virtual Boy at all. I can't get him to play it, but I've been thinking about ordering another FlashBoy and giving it to him as a gift. Then perhaps we can do some "bargaining," since he wants me to play so many computer games that I could care less about and I want him to play Virtual Boy games which he could care less about. This way, if I give him a FlashBoy and all released ROMs, I can say, "I'll play this computer game with you sometime if you can give me evidence that you've played this Virtual Boy game," etc. I hope my plan works. :-)
Top

#36
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2012/1/5 8:56
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Well, I can honestly say that I know someone else who owns the Travel Master case. He's actually been one of my closest friends for over 17 years. He got a Virtual Boy, carrying case, and several games way back when they were still in stores but on clearance and ready to leave stores forever. He tried to get me interested in the Virtual Boy back then, but I was still in high school with not much funds, so I ignored the Virtual Boy and continued to do so for many years until just this past one. It wasn't until this past year, after I became interested in the Virtual Boy, that I then asked him what all he had in Virtual Boy regard. He then went to his closet and pulled out none other than the Travel Master case with his Virtual Boy and several games. I told him how rare of an item it is, and he thought it was pretty neat that he had a rare item all these years, but he has no desire to sell it. He also doesn't have much desire in the Virtual Boy at all. I can't get him to play it, but I've been thinking about ordering another FlashBoy and giving it to him as a gift. Then perhaps we can do some "bargaining," since he wants me to play so many computer games that I could care less about and I want him to play Virtual Boy games which he could care less about. This way, if I give him a FlashBoy and all released ROMs, I can say, "I'll play this computer game with you sometime if you can give me evidence that you've played this Virtual Boy game," etc. I hope my plan works. :-)


Holy moly. For starters, I've had "those" VB friends. I think no matter how much incentive we may offer, they will never catch the "VB Bug". With the community at heart, it would be amazing if you can jog his memory as of where he got the case itself. KR155E and I have discussed this topic in deep detail, and yet have no deep knowledge in the Southern Case Co both marketing and production of the specific VB stuff. As buyers, we generally can't act too eager and ask detailed questions since we don't want to tee off that it is a special item and ruin the sale.
The Virtual Boy case is a poor mold remake of the TravelMaster, but official. You can find Sega Saturn and Atari Jaguar TravelMaster cases, but the upper foam is different from both them and the Blockbuster VB cases. Luckily no fakes have surfaced, and you can't simply swap VB foam in a travelmaster case without these differences being apparent to those that care. As a matter of fact, travel master bottom foam even squishes the VB visor on the right side and is not identical to Blockbuster foam in dimensions. There are lots of small differences, mainly the travel master having a nicer looking case shell and the blockbuster having superior VB foam dimensions.
Edited by VirtualJockey on 2012/1/5 9:07
Top

#37
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2012/1/5 14:29
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

VirtualJockey wrote:
With the community at heart, it would be amazing if you can jog his memory as of where he got the case itself.


From what he could remember, it either came from "Ames" or "Hills," both of which were local retailers in the area that only had small sections in their stores that focused on video games. The Travel Master case was simply put out for sale on clearance along with the remaining systems and games near the end of the Virtual Boy's life in retail stores. He's pretty sure that it didn't come in a box, so just the case was put out for sale.
Top

#38
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2012/1/6 14:07
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Here are some photos of my friend's Travel Master case. I asked him about it again last night, and I was apparently mistaken about him getting it at Hills or Ames. He got it at a Toys R Us that used to be in the mall of Indiana, PA.

Attach file:



jpg  Travel Master 1.JPG (2,247.78 KB)
1643_4f06f1b873151.jpg 2560X1920 px

jpg  Travel Master 2.JPG (2,270.13 KB)
1643_4f06f1e618c97.jpg 2560X1920 px

jpg  Travel Master 3.JPG (2,296.36 KB)
1643_4f06f1f8364a1.jpg 2560X1920 px
Top

#39
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2012/1/6 14:10
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Very nice! I still prefer the VirtualBoy-branded hardcase, though it's ncie to see this one as trivia.
Top

#40
Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2012/1/7 8:34
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Here are some photos of my friend's Travel Master case. I asked him about it again last night, and I was apparently mistaken about him getting it at Hills or Ames. He got it at a Toys R Us that used to be in the mall of Indiana, PA.


Nice man. Toys R Us, huh? That is crazy. We never knew if these were just ordered direct from Southern Case, used for Non-Blockbuster rental stores or what. Can you trouble your friend to jog his memory and ask if it had a box or cardboard slip cover around it when he purchased it?

My memory is vague when it comes to VB and Toys R Us. I remember playing a floor model with Red Alarm, and I remember buying Mario Clash from Toys R Us and being SO disappointed when I got home that it was the basic old Mario Bros and not a Super Mario Bros title.
Top

 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic


Register To Post