Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Travel Master case?
Posted on: 2011/6/10 15:22
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I was wondering if anybody on here knows about how much a Travel Master carrying case for the Virtual Boy is worth or what the highest price was that anyone has ever seen one sell for. Also, if you don't know the answers to these questions, you could simply state how much the case is worth to you.

I just recently found out about the case and its supposed rarity and then found out that a Virtual Boy itself along with the Travel Master case was up for auction on Ebay for only $40 U.S. Dollars, and it seems that it didn't sell. I didn't find out about the auction until it was already over, and I haven't seen one for sale since, so I couldn't get my hands on one.

Posted on: 2011/6/10 16:37
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/25
USA
1507 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
In that case, I'd say they're worth <$40. ;) An auction on Ebay seems like a pretty good indicator of the open market, assuming that people who were interested were aware of it.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $20, and would actually pay less for that one than the regular Blockbuster one, because I'd rather have a Virtual Boy sticker than a Travel Master sticker. But I'm not really your typical collector that needs every variant of everything.

DogP

Posted on: 2011/6/11 4:44
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/12/23
12 Posts
Collection Top10Long Time User (11 Years)
It's not that it didn't sell it was ended early by the seller because "the item is no longer available" - in other words he probably got an offer on the side and sold it early.

Posted on: 2011/6/11 7:59
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
I bought the case from eBay, I paid $149.99 for the case only without the console FWIW. The seller relisted the case as a BIN after multiple offers. Not sure of the value, but I really wanted the generic TravelMaster Non-Blockbuster rental case in my collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... agename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Edited by VirtualJockey on 2011/6/11 8:17

Posted on: 2011/6/11 21:10
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Yeah... I figured that one would probably have to pay around $200 to get that case, if not even more.

Posted on: 2011/6/12 5:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Yeah... I figured that one would probably have to pay around $200 to get that case, if not even more.

Do you really think it's worth that much? I know it's very rare, but $150 would have most likely been my max bid for the case in a regular timed auction. Anything more than $150 would have been an impulse bid on my part.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 2:53
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
My TravelMaster case arrived:
Open in new window

Lets take a look inside shall we?

Oh my stars, what plush intererior. The prototype VB console isn't too shabby either.
Open in new window

Posted on: 2011/6/16 13:37
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
I'm not sure if I can say that it is "worth" that much, but I figured that given its extreme rarity, one would probably have to bid $200 or so to win it in an Ebay auction.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 6:47
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
I'm not sure if I can say that it is "worth" that much, but I figured that given its extreme rarity, one would probably have to bid $200 or so to win it in an eBay auction.

I paid $150 for the case only, not bundled with the sellers included console. I'm happy with my purchase, but my bad if that's something you think is a low-ball. I honestly didn't think the seller would get $150 for the case and also the additional average going rate for a complete working VB.
The prototype console pictured was roughly $900 USD+ Paypal fees, part of KR155E's personal collection. A good deal on both acquisitions this month, IMO.
Edited by VirtualJockey on 2011/6/17 6:58
Edited by VirtualJockey on 2011/6/17 7:00
Edited by VirtualJockey on 2011/6/17 7:00

Posted on: 2011/6/17 12:17
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/7/20
USA
479 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
You and your prototype Virtual Boy

I like showing off about my Virtual Boy too... even though...it isn't a prototype...

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post