Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Virtual Boy using Twilight Hack?
Posted on: 2008/6/23 5:19
Virtual Freak
Joined 2007/3/22
USA
68 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
Hey, would it be possible to compile one of the emulators to work with Twilight Hack or Homebrew Channel? Also, even though Nintendo tried to block the hack, a workaround is available for download.

I would attempt programming one myself, but I don't under stand C/C++ (which ever one the .ELF files use)

It could easily use the GameCube's two analogs to emulate the two D-pads, and there are far more than enough buttons on it.

Re: Virtual Boy using Twilight Hack?
Posted on: 2008/6/23 5:28
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/25
USA
1507 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
It probably could... IIRC someone ported Red Dragon to xbox, and I think PSP as well.

DogP

Re: Virtual Boy using Twilight Hack?
Posted on: 2008/6/23 20:11
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1464 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Here's a link to an article on installing devkitPPC (a homebrew Wii devkit) under linux. They also have a Windows installer, though. I have the GBA/DS version of devkitPro, and it works fine on Windows.

http://sieghai.wordpress.com/2008/05/05/installing-a-homebrew-wii-devkit-on-linux/

It'll take quite a lot of work, unless those ones DogP mentioned are OSS. The original uses Allegro which, AFAIK, hasn't been ported to Wii, yet.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post