Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Virtual Fishing Prototype ROM
Posted on: 2/19 0:59
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2304 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 3rdContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Nice acquisition! The cart certainly has a lot going good for it, and it strongly appears that what you got there came completely from a development team back in the 90's, so I'd consider it to be fully genuine, whatever designation one might want to give to the cart itself.

If you truly love collecting rare Virtual Boy items, I wouldn't worry about what others have to say about assessment of worth. An avid Virtual Boy collector has no choice but to put a higher value on a rare VB item than anyone else on the planet, who might be interested in the item available at the time, if he or she wants to add it to the collection.

Nintendo Power Issue # 80 indicates that THQ had plans to localize Virtual Fishing for the North American market. Perhaps that explains why the chips come from Texas Instruments. Maybe this was a cart that came from the development team localizing the game for the USA, who would have ordered their own separate EPROM chips and would have had all the development hardware available to them, along with access to the original source code. They could have simply made the cart quick for demonstration, before having done any work on translating or other changes to the code.

Posted on: 2/19 3:03
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1210 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
It's definitely a nice acquisition. There really aren't a ton of these development carts known out there in comparison to, say Gameboy or something for example. Makes total sense, given the relatively small library. As such, putting a solid price on VB dev stuff isn't nearly as easy as on more popular systems (not usually easy itself given the variables but you get what I mean)

Posted on: 2/19 3:36
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/9/9
USA
116 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Oh yes Iím very interested in more rare VB items, I was hoping it was rare and unique but rare gem is still a gem so Iím still happy. Hopefully more will show up or another controller with the colorful buttons :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post