Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: MultiBoy 32
Posted on: 4/10 1:56
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/7/21
162 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
I, too, would front the cost. Do a kickstarter.

Posted on: 4/10 15:03
Joined 3/7
2 Posts
Either way is okay for me.

Posted on: 4/10 19:51
Virtual Freak
Joined 2013/9/9
USA
85 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
I'd prefer paying directly to avoid fees but having kickstarter would help with marketing. that way youtubers and news articles might talk about it and increase demand.

Posted on: 4/16 15:25
Joined 4/8
1 Posts
(Long time lurker, first time poster)

I echo everyone here that says anything is great! However...

The only concern I have with Kickstarter would be making sure that there's some kind of upper cap to the funding. That way, you can produce to the exact scale that you want without being flooded with too many orders.

From reading through their docs, Kickstarter also feels more geared towards creative projects as opposed to technology products. Perhaps consider Indiegogo or Crowd Supply instead? I don't know if their platforms are better or worse, but it looks like Crowd Supply at least has their own warehouse for shipping/fulfillment - I'd gladly pay an extra $5 per unit if you find a vendor that makes this stuff easier for you.

Good luck!

Posted on: 4/16 23:46
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/5/12
USA
147 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Sorry if I overlooked this or if it's too early to tell, but will it possibly be getting it's own box like the Flashboy+ did?

Posted on: 4/18 15:41
Virtual Freak
Joined 2013/9/9
USA
85 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
to keep cost down it probably wont but im sure he'd offer it as an option or have a 3rd party make some like UncleTUSK.

I just know I'd like different labels or color variation since I plan to get two of them and will be able to remember which one has which games on them.

Posted on: 4/19 0:49
Virtual Freak
Joined 1/27
USA
94 Posts
I have to admit Iíd be willing to sell my flashboy plus off to pay for one of these but I wish there was more firm info but understandably that just canít happen now.

Posted on: 5/9 5:25
Joined 2015/1/11
4 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Sent you an email and never got a response, but I'll buy one on release!

Posted on: 5/10 18:58
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
339 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Hi,

I wanted to give an update since its been awhile. The MultiBoy 32 is still on the list to be worked on. I got sucked into another project much deeper than I was expecting and its been taking all of my spare time. I haven't ordered the prototypes yet for development. I hope to place the order in the next few months as my other project wraps up. Currently the prototypes are looking like this summer now with 'production' units coming months after that.

I am reading this forum, as well as all emails that come in.

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted on: 5/31 20:16
Joined 1970/1/1
0 Posts
Long Time User (15 Years)
Direct pay or kickstarter works. This is awesome.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post