Posted on: 3/9 5:43
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
302 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Splain wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but do those specs allow this to potentially play every commercial release? Meaning, is there any game that is "too big" to be able to run on this?

Email sent either way. :D

Every current game yes. Even homebrews. It was sized at 32Mbit per slot to fit the largest homebrew game which is Hyper Fighting, although the full game ROM isn't easily obtainable. Maybe that will change one day.

Re: MultiBoy 32
Posted on: 3/9 5:45
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
302 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

nmalinoski wrote:
So excited.

I emailed as well, and also asked for clarification about what he means by the USB link support being a "stretch goal", as well as what kind of cabling we'd need (Micro-B to Micro-B? Micro-B to A and a hub?), whether we'd be able to use a hub for >2 players, and if there are any port strain concerns having the MicroUSB port mounted horizontally. (Micro-B is notoriously fragile compared to Mini-B.)

A USB link cable is a VB to PC connection, not VB to VB. There's still the link port for that functionality. The USB port on the cart is micro B. It will be as rugged/fragile as every other micro B connector on the market. You won't want to hang on it but it should hold up if its not abused.

Posted on: 3/9 5:47
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
302 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

JoePassive wrote:
I have 3 questions:

1.Can It load Any ROM? which means Hyper Fighting is playable.
2.Can It save?
3.Do I need to convert it to 2mb like with the Flashboy?

email sent though, i need it asap.

1. It's 32Mbit slots for the largest current game which is Hyper Fighting.
2. There's a 8k x 16 SRAM slot associated with every ROM slot. If you over write it you'll lose your data but you can always download it and save it.
3. Yes, every game will need padded although I plan to add automatic padding to the firmware of the cart to make it less painful for people.

Posted on: 3/9 15:29
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Excellent work! Very excited about this!

Posted on: 3/9 15:31
Virtual Freak
Joined 2012/2/2
Canada
62 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
I am in of course, email sent!

Posted on: 3/9 17:29
Joined 2017/9/23
2 Posts