Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

What should Team VUEngine work on next?
Posted on: 2018/12/10 22:30
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2516 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Hey everyone! We are conducting a poll to find out which project the Virtual Boy community would like Jorge and me to focus on in the coming months. You all are welcome to vote! Don't worry, you don't need to pledge to the campaign to do so, although a Patreon account is required. Sorry for that, not our fault. ;-)

Alternatively, leave a comment in this thread. Your input will be very much appreciated, thanks!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/what-should-we-23250747

Re: What should Team VUEngine work on next?
Posted on: 2018/12/12 10:56
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
915 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Hi,
You can not vote on Patreon or comment without an account. Just FYI.

Cheers!

Posted on: 2018/12/12 14:37
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I am super interested in seeing a Point N Click adventure game like Ambrosines Monster Manor. Itís what Iíve wanted since the first time I played a Virtual Boy.

Posted on: 2018/12/17 8:24
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Hey,

if you end up making a tutorial series I would love to help. I had this idea of recording a stream in which I try to get something to work with your engine for a while.

Cheers

Posted on: 2018/12/17 11:15
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2516 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Quote:
Hey,

if you end up making a tutorial series I would love to help. I had this idea of recording a stream in which I try to get something to work with your engine for a while.

Cheers

Looking at the votes so far, we'll definitely have to create these tutorials next year. We're pleasantly surprised to see that so many people are interested in learning how the engine works!

Good idea to collaborate on this somehow, let's talk on Discord when you're around!

Quote:
I am super interested in seeing a Point N Click adventure game like Ambrosines Monster Manor. Itís what Iíve wanted since the first time I played a Virtual Boy.

You're the only one so far to request a graphics adventure game, so it doesn't look like this will make it onto the TODO list for next year. But on the other hand, an engine for this type of game should be fairly easy to build. Might be something to consider as the "simple sample game" we want to build in our upcoming tutorial series.

The graphics in Monster Manor look like they were rendered from scenes built in a 3D modeling program? I wonder if it would be possible to get the original files from the developers and do stereoscopic renderings...

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post