Nicht eingeloggt.
Passwort vergessen?

Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.

Nach unten   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema

Re: The Noteworthy Auction Thread™
Geschrieben am: 19.04.2018 3:18
Nintendoid!
Dabei seit 02.10.2006
130 Beiträge
ContributorLong Time User (13 Years)
I have a Virtual Lab for sale, new in box, near-mint. $1350 is ludicrous. Make me an offer.

Neil

Geschrieben am: 27.04.2018 0:28
Nintendoid!
Dabei seit 12.05.2016
USA
150 Beiträge
Long Time User (4 Years)
Complete copy of Mario Tennis just went up for $150 BIN... had only seem them going for over $200 as of late

https://www.ebay.com/itm/nintendo-virt ... 9b91ca:g:hY4AAOSwxQha4k5U

Geschrieben am: 29.04.2018 3:41
Virtual Freak
Dabei seit 10.07.2017
USA
98 Beiträge
Long Time User (2 Years)
the SAME guy just posted another hyper fighting up on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyper-Fightin ... a3c487:g:dJgAAOSwOW9Z3rRw

i wonder if hes making them himself or something

Geschrieben am: 29.04.2018 8:57
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 28.07.2007
Großbritannien
336 Beiträge
Long Time User (12 Years) App Coder
These are being made, and I can guarantee they are not sending MK his cut.

Geschrieben am: 29.04.2018 22:02
Nintendoid!
Dabei seit 12.05.2016
USA
150 Beiträge
Long Time User (4 Years)
Can you elaborate on this? I haven't been here too long, so I don't really know what the deal is with the sensitivity over Hyper Fighting carts.

Zitat:

MineStorm wrote:
These are being made, and I can guarantee they are not sending MK his cut.

Geschrieben am: 30.04.2018 0:53
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 17.06.2013
Kanada
1228 Beiträge
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
This isn't just sensitivity over Hyper Fighting, it's a matter of someone forging someone elses work to make a profit, without the original makers consent. It's just a dick move and not cool.

As for Hyper Fighting specifically, it's especially touchy as it was a commissioned game that a lot of money went into to making. It was never publicly for sale because, well, come on, it's literally SF2, and no one wants to deal with copyright stuffs. Because of this it wasn't funded by a huge group of people, but mostly one person. People get especially butt hurt over it because it takes a special kind of asshole to take a game with that sort of history and rip it off for a profit. Because of the crazy artificial value it's also inherited, it's an extra kick in the nuts for the people who made this possible, because we all know damn well how much it costs to make a reproduction. The real work went into making the rom the forgers burn onto it.
Bearbeitet von speedyink am 30.04.2018 1:04:06

Geschrieben am: 30.04.2018 2:17
Nintendoid!
Dabei seit 12.05.2016
USA
150 Beiträge
Long Time User (4 Years)
So is it frowned upon for someone to sell their copy of Hyper Fighting as well then? (assuming it's from the original batch)

If someone buys one of these "new" reproductions of Hyper Fighting that are popping up, would that person be frowned upon?

Not meaning to derail the topic, I'm just genuinely trying to see where the line is here.

Geschrieben am: 30.04.2018 4:10
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 26.10.2007
USA
757 Beiträge
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
There currently isn't another way to get and play Hyper Fighting, so I wouldn't look 'down' on anyone that buys it from the seller. I just wish the seller contacted the coder (maybe on this board) and worked something out so he could get a fair share of the profits. So, go ahead and buy it if you want :) enjoy it. It's a great game. If you like it maybe post about it and give some props to the person or group that developed it.

-Eric

Geschrieben am: 30.04.2018 6:57
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 17.06.2013
Kanada
1228 Beiträge
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was talking about any specific sale. In fact I thought that one posted recently was a legit copy, guy could have had 2, completely possible. If he keeps selling them then I'd start wondering =P

I just don't think it's cool when other peoples work is ripped off for profit. At least ask to see if it's ok, and give credit.

Geschrieben am: 03.05.2018 8:00
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 17.06.2013
Kanada
1228 Beiträge
Actually I looked through the item history for the seller, the dude has sold multiple CIB copies, as well as many other repros.
Minestorm is right, I thought it was an original release because it looks identical to one. But no, I guess someone is ripping off all the assets, and reproducing them verbatim without credit to the people who originally made them. The real kick in the balls is the $425 premium that particular game gets over say a Bound High CIB he makes. If you're going to milk the market using other peoples hard work/investment, it would sure make it less of a dick move if maybe you contacted them and offered a bit of the cut, hmm?

To be clear, I have no problem with someone supplying the demand for a market. It's when sneaky/dirty tactics are used, like taking assets without permission, or doing so while also taking advantage of an items market price.

Nach oben   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema

Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.