Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: VUE-MASTER: Graphics Support
Posted on: 2018/4/18 2:49
VB Gamer
Joined 2017/2/5
USA
41 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
From what I understand, if the right and left image spacing is off, it causes VB sickness to the viewer...

I hit a small road-block - After creating my own reel with stereoboy's instructions, I added the first 2D image. Looks good to me.

The next image is of my wife at a museum, but the bottom half is scrambled - and what's weirder (to me) is that it is filled in partially with another image from the program...

I had a similar result when trying to replace some images (a bush, background, etc.) on the platformer demo - only a small part of the top of my image showed up, the rest was scrambled.

The PNG being used is a similar size.
I'm guessing this is due to the numbers mentioned that I pay attention to in the guide.. I'll keep looking into it.

Attach file:

png  CV64 good.PNG (22.59 KB)
14289_5ad695abed3a6.png 388X232 px

png  CV64 bad.PNG (27.47 KB)
14289_5ad695b311b30.png 387X228 px

Re: VUE-MASTER: Graphics Support
Posted on: 2018/4/23 21:19
Nintendoid!
Joined 2017/1/31
Germany
129 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:
mips5000 schrieb:
... but the bottom half is scrambled - and what's weirder (to me) is that it is filled in partially with another image from the program...

This usually happens when there's something wrong with the tiles count.
Did you go through all the steps of the VDBE tutorial for each single image?

- After replacing PNGs in the template project, You have to delete all existing c files in each replaced images "binary" folders. This is important, as they will not be overwritten with the new data. (see step 1 from the VBDE tutorial)
- After converting images with Grit, you'll have to copy the new tiles count from the new binary files to the images definition files ... also for each image separately. (see step 4 from the VBDE tutorial)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post