Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Blurred edges
Posted on: 2011/3/12 1:08
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
920 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
When I turn on the VB the "Saftey Message" seems to change size and shape for a few seconds, after that it looks fine and doesn't move, is that the mirrors getting up to speed?

I actually have been following your progress on the Flash Kit. I'm really interested in one, even though I have a FlashBoy+ on the way. I love Flash Kits since the GBA days and as a reviewer for GBATemp.net I've been able to build a small collection of various kits.

I can't solder, I actually never have. I'm afraid to screw up my $150 investment. Based on what I have read about you on this forum and your site I would be honored if you had the time to fix my VB. I'm thinking to just get both sides repaired so that I can avoid this problem in the future. Perhaps in the coming months if you have the free time?

Cheers.
Edited by Lester Knight on 2011/3/12 1:20

Posted on: 2011/3/12 2:02
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/2/14
USA
333 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
When I turn on the VB the "Saftey Message" seems to change size and shape for a few seconds, after that it looks fine and doesn't move, is that the mirrors getting up to speed?

I actually have been following your progress on the Flash Kit. I'm really interested in one, even though I have a FlashBoy+ on the way. I love Flash Kits since the GBA days and as a reviewer for GBATemp.net I've been able to build a small collection of various kits.

I can't solder, I actually never have. I'm afraid to screw up my $150 investment. Based on what I have read about you on this forum and your site I would be honored if you had the time to fix my VB. I'm thinking to just get both sides repaired so that I can avoid this problem in the future. Perhaps in the coming months if you have the free time?

Cheers.

Yes, the moving safety message is because the mirrors are calibrating. There is a little speed controller and measurement system that gets the mirrors oscillating at the right speed and some games don't wait long enough for it to stabilize before they display the warning screen. It's normal and has nothing to do with the glitchy display problem.

Boy I don't know, I'm sure I could find the time to do it one night but I would be afraid of messing it up after you paid a good amount of money for it. I've only repaired two so far and one of them nearly went wrong, although I managed to fix it. I suppose if nobody else volunteers I could fix it for you.

Posted on: 2011/3/12 3:22
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
920 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I do appreciate that offer. I am about to head back East to visit with my family for my Birthday Day. When I return I should better know if someone is willing to do it, and I should have some B-Day money to spend on the repair!

I've IM'ed Johnny Phantom tonight, no response yet. I will keep you posted.

Thank you for all of your information in this thread. You have set most of my worries aside and I can go back to just enjoying the VB and having fun! =)

Posted on: 2011/3/12 3:50
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
Well friend, I'd be happy to send you a working unit to screw with. But after you open up the eyes to removed the "collapsed eyepiece syndrome", what can we replace it with? Get new eyepieces made in Hong-kong for the mod to retro fit into the needed widening?

The "Collapsed Eyepiece Syndrome" is a real downfall of the console. I find myself constantly moving my head up, down, and all around to keep all edges perceptionally sharp. ( I made up the word "perceptionally, mind you".)

Posted on: 2018/1/24 0:47
Virtual Freak
Joined 2017/12/29
65 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
*Seven years pass*

So, is there a fix/workaround for this yet?

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post