Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: The Noteworthy Auction Threadô
Posted on: 2017/4/7 2:48
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1167 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
9 days to go. Can't get much higher in price.

=P

Posted on: 2017/4/9 6:35
Joined 2017/4/1
USA
4 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Please pardon me if this is a repost, but this is pretty big. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-Leagu ... f21ec0:g:2u4AAOSw4GVYRv1t

Posted on: 2017/4/9 10:02
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
395 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
crazy pricy and totall not worth that much in me eyes

Quote:

RandomNumbersGuy wrote:
Please pardon me if this is a repost, but this is pretty big. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-Leagu ... f21ec0:g:2u4AAOSw4GVYRv1t

Posted on: 2017/4/9 20:37
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

mawa wrote:

Quote:

RandomNumbersGuy wrote:

I honestly feel that the seller has no clue about the Virtual Boy market / collector community. The seller probably thinks, "Hey, Virtual Bowling can sell for close to $1,500.00, and this is way more rare than that, so surely it can sell for over $2,000.00." Nevertheless, I'd be extremely shocked if anybody out there would want to pay anything even close to that. I've tested the seller myself with what I thought were extremely generous offers for such a thing, and it seems the seller doesn't want to sell it for much less than the asking price.

Posted on: 2017/4/10 14:33
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
395 Posts
I totally agree it have more value then the normal game
But this asking price is crazy
Probbely it will sell some time in the future but not for this price
I think a value off 350 tot 600 dollar is right for a item like this ( depands in iff there are diffrents in the game so in what stadium the rom on it is )

Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

mawa wrote:

Quote:

RandomNumbersGuy wrote:

I honestly feel that the seller has no clue about the Virtual Boy market / collector community. The seller probably thinks, "Hey, Virtual Bowling can sell for close to $1,500.00, and this is way more rare than that, so surely it can sell for over $2,000.00." Nevertheless, I'd be extremely shocked if anybody out there would want to pay anything even close to that. I've tested the seller myself with what I thought were extremely generous offers for such a thing, and it seems the seller doesn't want to sell it for much less than the asking price.

Posted on: 2017/4/10 17:46
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Yep, I agree. $600.00 was actually my very generous offer, and I feel embarrassed to admit that I offered such a high amount.

There is definitely no difference between the ROM on the prototype cart and the ROM of the final game.

Posted on: 2017/4/11 14:51
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
395 Posts
then when there is no difference thet your offer is verry generous from 600$
whit no diffrence i will say 400 to 500 dollar is the right price

Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Yep, I agree. $600.00 was actually my very generous offer, and I feel embarrassed to admit that I offered such a high amount.

There is definitely no difference between the ROM on the prototype cart and the ROM of the final game.

Posted on: 2017/4/16 23:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Here is an interesting, recently ended auction for a Virtual Boy Double-Sided 3D Display Sign:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-Boy-D ... a773a9:g:R0UAAOSwJ4hY8nPJ

Certain sections of the sign appropriately pop out from the sign.

Attach file:

jpg  VB Display Sign with Depth (1).jpg (369.32 KB)
1643_58f3dc9b7c224.jpg 1200X1600 px

jpg  VB Display Sign with Depth (2).jpg (435.00 KB)
1643_58f3dcac29dd1.jpg 1200X1600 px

Posted on: 2017/4/16 23:16
Nintendoid!
Joined 2015/9/18
Canada
154 Posts
Collection Top10 2ndLong Time User (4 Years)
That exact stand/sign (that very one) is currently for sale on NintendoAge.com. The seller is asking $750 for it, which is one of the only prices that has ever made me laugh out loud to myself.

Also looks like that copy of Virtual Bowling fetched over $1,800, which is probably about around the price most of us figured it was worth.

Posted on: 2017/4/16 23:36
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
380 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
I was the one who actually made the purchase. I'm pretty happy with the price I paid, considering that I've been searching for rare Virtual Boy items for about 10 years and this is the only one that I've ever seen available for purchase...

I looked at it like "now's my chance" ... I'm happy though! :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post