Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: [Release] Virtual Fishing - English Version
Posted on: 2015/10/27 2:37
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/10/16
206 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Glad I didn't try this myself. I'm no where near as good as you boss.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 18:40
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Thank you both very, VERY much for doing this work.

I actually find the game quite therapeutic but could never really understand what was going on, so will look forward to giving this some play time!

Thanks again you guys, awesome effort for the VB community!

Posted on: 2015/10/28 17:23
Virtual Freak
Joined 2013/1/15
USA
94 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this! Maybe this could be a future physical release!

Posted on: 2015/10/28 21:48
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

hawk1010 wrote:
Maybe this could be a future physical release!

If it is completely translated and tested this might happen. It will have a "Reproduction-Card" stamp on the box to avoid scams if it happens.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 21:59
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
914 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

If it is completely translated and tested this might happen. It will have a "Reproduction-Card" stamp on the box to avoid scams if it happens.

You could even take it a step further and design a new box and have the description of the game mention that it is a fan-translation. Even the logo could say "Virtual Fishing: English Fan-Translation". The manual could also clearly state this and even have a few pages dedicated to the process, who was involved, and include a description of what was translated.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 22:41
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1167 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
I think a mix of both ideas would be cool, have a reproduction logo, but you could have it stamped on the box, manual, and possibly cart if need be. I like the idea of dedicating some instruction book space to give credits and details.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 23:53
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
385 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
I also think that both ideas are good ideas. No one what's to get scammed.

Anyway, great work you guys, Just been playing and its good to be able to understand what's going on, but I still suck at this game. Lol.

Posted on: 2015/10/30 15:35
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
Due to the efforts of people like thunderstruck..this community is a better place.

It's easy to sit back and take what the community gives you, but to take your own time and efforts to give back to the community..that's what makes it special.

I think thunders idea of changing the general box art is a great one and I support it with all I have. It's nice to have a community release that looks like it was official, but if one person buys it thinking it's an official release..it's not worth it. If it's one thing this community is about...it's not scamming people.

-Eric

Posted on: 2015/10/30 21:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
914 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
kinda wishing we had that pesky "like" button. well said!

Posted on: 2015/11/1 18:42
Virtual Freak
Joined 2013/1/15
USA
94 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
Due to the efforts of people like thunderstruck..this community is a better place.

It's easy to sit back and take what the community gives you, but to take your own time and efforts to give back to the community..that's what makes it special.

I think thunders idea of changing the general box art is a great one and I support it with all I have. It's nice to have a community release that looks like it was official, but if one person buys it thinking it's an official release..it's not worth it. If it's one thing this community is about...it's not scamming people.

-Eric

While I understand completely, I like that all releases have looked like the US releases. It makes them look nice together and uniform on my shelf (I proudly display the Planet VB releases with the official releases).

If you do decide to change things up, it will however, not tarnish my support and you can count on my commitment to purchase and support every release you guys put out. Thank you all for the time and effort you've put into each of these releases.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post