Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: The Noteworthy Auction Threadô
Posted on: 2015/10/30 1:27
Joined 2015/10/26
6 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Jesus I wish I had the extra money! THAT is an amazing grab!

Posted on: 2015/10/30 11:24
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/4/23
Great Britain
78 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (12 Years)
Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
I just wish the eBay auction expressed more of what the game actually is. It's so vague that and the listing looks like it was a retail game that no one knows about, and that is the only part that bugs me. He even filled in the MPN and UPC.

To be fair those have been grabbed off the back of the box. The seller's also put a release date of "2013", which whilst incorrect should clue people in that this isn't something from back in the day.

This is something that comes up a lot whenever something like this or a Bound High repro turns up on eBay and I think it could be avoided by not making the boxes look like they're from the mid-90's.
Even if someone really wants to use that hideous NA boxart template, just stick the correct date on (2012, 2015 or whatever) rather than 1995.

Posted on: 2015/10/30 15:32
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
I can't speak for other people, but any games I help bring out will be clearly definable as being a 'new' fan-made release. This is a change we should have done a long time ago and will prob. start with fishing.

I hope the people bringing out hyper fighter come to a similar conclusion. I think they will.

-Eric

Posted on: 2015/10/31 0:24
Joined 2015/10/26
6 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Bigmak, how does one go about getting on the list for a copy of fan-made releases like fishing? I know I'm not a "seasoned veteran" on this forum, but I'd love to be able to get in touch with the right people.

Posted on: 2015/10/31 4:16
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
406 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Another hyper fighting on the bay...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Virtua ... -/391307970107?nav=SEARCH

Posted on: 2015/10/31 4:27
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
930 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Vidjagamecollector wrote:
Bigmak, how does one go about getting on the list for a copy of fan-made releases like fishing? I know I'm not a "seasoned veteran" on this forum, but I'd love to be able to get in touch with the right people.

all of the past reproductions and releases (translations, homebrew, etc) showed up on uncle tusk's site. i am assuming it will be the same for future releases: http://www.uncletusk.com/27-virtual-boy

hyper fighting, of course, being the only one that did not because it was "released" by a different "team" of people and done so privately.

Posted on: 2015/10/31 4:45
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/4/26
USA
950 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterHOTY09 3rdLong Time User (12 Years) PVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
I have a question. There's like a half-dozen US Jack Bros. on eBay right now. They're all over $200 except one that's $199.99. Why is this? It can't be because of rarity, since they keep popping up on eBay. Why aren't the other games released at the same time $200 as well?

Posted on: 2015/10/31 22:04
Joined 2015/10/26
6 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
Quote:

Vidjagamecollector wrote:

all of the past reproductions and releases (translations, homebrew, etc) showed up on uncle tusk's site. i am assuming it will be the same for future releases: http://www.uncletusk.com/27-virtual-boy

hyper fighting, of course, being the only one that did not because it was "released" by a different "team" of people and done so privately.

Thanks Lester! I checked out the page and there's nothing but boxes on there now. How often do these gems get released, and how do we get "dibs" on them? I'm assuming they go quick!

Posted on: 2015/10/31 22:06
Joined 2015/10/26
6 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

VirtualChris wrote:
I have a question. There's like a half-dozen US Jack Bros. on eBay right now. They're all over $200 except one that's $199.99. Why is this? It can't be because of rarity, since they keep popping up on eBay. Why aren't the other games released at the same time $200 as well?

I've wondered the same thing. You have Jack Bros. which is double the cost of the next closest U.S. game, then there's the Space Invaders hovering around $800.

Posted on: 2015/10/31 22:16
Nintendoid!
Joined 2014/1/3
USA
168 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years) 40+ Game Ratings
Quote:

VirtualChris wrote:

Its because of popularity and it is an Atlus game. They're games usually hold a good value as they produce quality titles.

A good example of another ridiculously high priced game is Smash Bros Melee. There were millions upon millions released and yet it still goes for $50+ just because of popularity and great gameplay.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post